PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy of officer attacked, and mayor has odd response

CitizenBBN
01-08-2016, 11:22 PM
First, yet another horrific nightmare with a LEO attacked randomly by a guy who has pledged himself to ISIS. no doubt the White house will call this an accidental discharge of a firearm or some such, and I don't know what we call it yet either other than another scene in what is quickly becoming a national nightmare.

But I have to say in reading a story on it something struck me that is on this whole gun thing, but it was started by the mayor.

The shooter used a Glock that was stolen from a LEO's home in 2013. That's important to this, b/c here's the quote from the mayor:

"There are just too many guns on the streets and I think our national government needs to do something about that."

Uh, what? Yes, I agree 10000000% there are too many STOLEN guns on the streets, too many available to criminals and lunatics. But this gun in this case was stolen from a LEO, so what exactly is the national government supposed to do about stolen guns? The only way to reduce the number of stolen guns is to have fewer criminals or round up guns so there are fewer to steal. Well I guess require big honking safes for them, but that's happening anyway, trust me.

To me that was just an odd, and inappropriate, comment.

Darrell KSR
01-09-2016, 09:45 AM
Just makes me want to scream. I don't know if people that make comments like that are idiots, or if they think the rest of America is and will think they make sense.

suncat05
01-09-2016, 11:48 AM
The guy is another leftist scumbag, period. The people of Philly deserve exactly what they're getting, just like New York.

Doc
01-09-2016, 03:22 PM
When people use guns to commit crimes, the sentences need to be tougher, sentences longer and those individuals need to forever lose their right to possess a gun.

KeithKSR
01-10-2016, 09:17 AM
The shooter used a Glock that was stolen from a LEO's home in 2013. That's important to this, b/c here's the quote from the mayor:

"There are just too many guns on the streets and I think our national government needs to do something about that."

Uh, what? Yes, I agree 10000000% there are too many STOLEN guns on the streets, too many available to criminals and lunatics. But this gun in this case was stolen from a LEO, so what exactly is the national government supposed to do about stolen guns? The only way to reduce the number of stolen guns is to have fewer criminals or round up guns so there are fewer to steal. Well I guess require big honking safes for them, but that's happening anyway, trust me.

To me that was just an odd, and inappropriate, comment.

The mayor's response was a typical liberal leftist response, deflect from the real issue by pushing your politicized crusade.

KeithKSR
01-10-2016, 09:19 AM
When people use guns to commit crimes, the sentences need to be tougher, sentences longer and those individuals need to forever lose their right to possess a gun.

You mean follow sentencing guidelines and laws on the books? Wouldn't that preclude freeing violent criminals by the thousands?

jazyd
01-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Keith got it, wasn't odd, it was intentional. Very few will pay attention to the fact it was stolen from a home.

suncat05
01-12-2016, 01:02 PM
I can assure you, if I have anyone else pull a gun on me, they're getting shot. I might get shot too, don't want to, but they pull a gun on me I will defend myself.
I have this personal policy, which is simply that at the end of my shift, I am going home to my wife. And my kids, when they're there. The other guy is going for a ride in one of three conveyances: a police car, an ambulance, or the coroner's van.
I don't give a damn about political correctness. Not when it comes to someone having ill intentions towards me or my family. It's all bets are off, and you are about to watch me end the problem that you started.
And if this offends anyone, all I can tell you is stop being like your hero up there in the Oval Office.
Lt. Col. Ralph Peters was right on point with his comment.

jazyd
01-13-2016, 11:21 PM
I can assure you, if I have anyone else pull a gun on me, they're getting shot. I might get shot too, don't want to, but they pull a gun on me I will defend myself.
I have this personal policy, which is simply that at the end of my shift, I am going home to my wife. And my kids, when they're there. The other guy is going for a ride in one of three conveyances: a police car, an ambulance, or the coroner's van.
I don't give a damn about political correctness. Not when it comes to someone having ill intentions towards me or my family. It's all bets are off, and you are about to watch me end the problem that you started.
And if this offends anyone, all I can tell you is stop being like your hero up there in the Oval Office.
Lt. Col. Ralph Peters was right on point with his comment.

You better do as you say, do not hesitate