PDA

View Full Version : If it were up to me, I'd cut the cord

Darrell KSR
01-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Just for fun, watching bowl games being streamed via the watchESPN app and my phone and Chromecast. Surprised it is perfect on all games. It's not what I remembered.

Last night (this morning ) I watched an episode of Criminal Minds streamed. Crystal clear, 41 minutes, no commercials, via the DroidTV app. I have downloaded the entire Breaking Bad series to my virtual DVR (takes no space on my phone) so that my wife can watch it.

Going to start the Fargo season over and my wife has asked to watch the first season of Criminal Minds, her favorite.

Really close. I know there would be a few shows I wouldn't see, but $120 for another lifetime DroidTV subscription on another device, and no monthly fees? Man...

KentuckyWildcat
01-01-2016, 02:41 PM
I'm currently trying out the Windows streaming device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
01-02-2016, 11:46 AM
I am very late to the party, but it is very intriguing.

KentuckyWildcat
01-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Same here. I've only had internet capable of real streaming for a year. If there was a way to stream locals, I'd do that and get Sling TV (and if they had Fox News). But I don't want to mess with an antenna.

I have the Roku stick, I like it okay. But I'm really liking the Microsoft thing. I don't even know what they call it, I'm sure Microsoft doesn't have a catchy name for it. It lets you mirror or duplicate your Windows device just like a second monitor. So far it is good. It lags just a bit on the live sports action and very occasionally the sound gets soft. I'm leaning toward buying one but I'm sure the Chromecast performs better. But I like not being limited to Google stuff. My brother in law has the Chromecast on the way, so I'll get to see both devices soon.