PDA

View Full Version : Petraeus steps down

blueboss
11-09-2012, 02:01 PM
...but everyone insists it has nothing to do with Bengazi and is all about an extramarital affair.

Doc
11-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Bill Clinton would be proud

CattyWampus
11-09-2012, 03:35 PM
That's really something that a guy will admit to having an affair to avoid telling the world he made the mistake of going to work for the Obamanator.

CitizenBBN
11-09-2012, 03:56 PM
That's really something that a guy will admit to having an affair to avoid telling the world he made the mistake of going to work for the Obamanator.

"It's not about Bengazi, I swear I just killed a guy!" :tff:

dan_bgblue
11-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Damn shame. He was a career army office with 37 years of excellent service.

Doc
11-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Does anybody here actually believe the real reason he stepped down is because he had an affair? This is the next best thing to Executive Order to cover the presidents ass concerning Bengahzi. Its called falling on the sword for your COC and any good army officer would do it. Shocking isn't it that he won't be called before congress now. What a fortunate coincident for the administration.
:confused0053:

dan_bgblue
11-10-2012, 04:33 PM
To answer the question, I do not believe it, and they could have come up with a better story.

jazyd
11-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Is there any reason he could not still be called before a committee? or speak in private to any of them? I don't see why someone cannot speak to any member of the house pertaining to something they know.

Does anybody here actually believe the real reason he stepped down is because he had an affair? This is the next best thing to Executive Order to cover the presidents ass concerning Bengahzi. Its called falling on the sword for your COC and any good army officer would do it. Shocking isn't it that he won't be called before congress now. What a fortunate coincident for the administration.
:confused0053:

Doc
11-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Odds are he will eventually testify and is likely after a subpoena but he could do it voluntarily

suncat05
11-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Bottom line here: he knows 'something' that is detrimental to the POTUS and his administration.
Wouldn't surprise me if he was found dead in the next week or so as well.

jazyd
11-11-2012, 11:54 PM
I read today that might be in the works.
Odds are he will eventually testify and is likely after a subpoena but he could do it voluntarily