PDA

View Full Version : Online gun purchases

KentuckyWildcat
12-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Looking for a couple of hand guns. Anyone suggest any good online sites to buy from?

Ones I'm familiar with are:

Whitikers
Bud's
Kentucky gun company
Slick guns

Any others suggestions? Right now Bud's is looking like the winner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
12-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Years ago I bought a handgun from a place called Ozark. At the time they had the exact gun I wanted at a price less than others.

I have checked since then and not been impressed with stock or pricing. Rudimentary website. Their service was exceptional and communication terrific.

But you may want to check Bluegrass Arms/Auction, which is CitizenBBN :).

I saw part of his inventory of handguns once and he had enough for a small army.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

KentuckyWildcat
12-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Oh cool. I knew he did auctions and loved guns. Didn't know he combined the two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
12-05-2015, 03:27 PM
Looking for anything in particular?

KentuckyWildcat
12-05-2015, 07:18 PM
9mm M&P Shield
3" chamber and 3" barrel Judge

I have found both new for about $370.

I know...some love the Judge, some hate it, and I understand both sides. I'm willing to try it and I've convinced my wife it is "safe to shoot" in the house.

CitizenBBN
12-05-2015, 09:47 PM
That's a really good price for either one. Just sold a M&P 9mm, think I got a bit more for it than that, have a Judge that will be in the next gun auction, new in box, betting I'll do better than that on it as well so those are good prices.

A guy just brought in about 20 that will be in the next sale, hopefully in January. Some beauties in it. We get some new in box modern stuff of course, but we get a lot of hard to find pieces and older stuff that is the core of what we do. Belgian Brownings, that sort of thing. We'll have 50-60 guns in that one or thereabouts, and we get ammo, knives, coins, all kinds of other stuff to go with it.

I like the Judge. Good defense weapon. Won't over penetrate and you've got some accuracy leeway if you load with 410 defense loads, with good stopping power. Those are all big features if you have to use a gun when awoken from a sleep and trying to not send bullets into the neighbor's house.

Darrell KSR
12-05-2015, 10:17 PM
I don't own one, but I'm also a fan of the Judge with the 410 defense loads.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

KentuckyWildcat
12-06-2015, 12:44 AM
I like all of the reasons that Citizen noted above. I also like the versatile ammo options. After this I'll have 410, 45, 9mm, and 7.62x39 rounds. Every other gun I get from here on out will fit into one of those. No desire to stock 45 different calibers.

I wouldn't mind to add the following some day:

9mm carbine rifle
410 pistol grip shotgun
SBR in a 7.62

CitizenBBN
12-06-2015, 01:25 AM
I think a lot like you do, I like having a few calibers. My SHTF caliber is 7.62 like you as well. I carry a 38/357 so I do have that caliber in stock, and I have a 380 so I have a dab of that but I figure my zombie apocalypse needs won't require a lot of concealed carry.

I get some interesting 7.62 options from time to time. I don't deal in SBRs or SBSs b/c of the paperwork and delays on transfers with the Obama administration, but I get some nice Eastern Euro and Russian and other 7.62 rifles. SKSs and AKs of course but also some unique ones.

I got a 12 gauge AK by Saiga that I probably need to sell, but having a hard time turning loose of it (it's mine, not a consignment). Ended up with an UZI that same way, bought it and made the mistake of shooting it before I sold it. for a 9mm carbine size rifle I HIGHLY recommend one. Rock hard reliable, super easy to shoot, easy to clean/maintain, and if you want to get the license you can get the short barrels for it or leave the 16" barrel they sold them with originally in the 80s. I love mine.