PDA

View Full Version : Glock introduces "tiny" pistol that is "easy to hide"

Darrell KSR
11-25-2015, 12:02 AM
Sheesh.

The "tiny" pistol, that is "easy to hide," and Glock's "smallest pistol ever" is the G43, a single-stack 9mm handgun.

In addition to the article just being plain wrong (the G42 is their .380, which is smaller), it's just plain stupid.

This "tiny" handgun is 6" long, 4-1/2" high, and almost an inch in width. Compared to pocket .380's, revolvers, etc., it is much bigger.

I've been looking at this handgun, and one day would like to own it. My hands are small and it fits very well, and is good for pocket carry, although some believe it's still a little too large for pocket carry. So I am very familiar with it, and just about lost it when I read about this "tiny" pistol that is "easy to hide." I actually thought they were introducing a derringer or something I had not heard about.

Just a stupid article.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/11/19/glock-unveils-tiny-pistol-that-is-easy-to-hide.html?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obinsite

Doc
11-25-2015, 08:01 AM
Is that a tiny gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

suncat05
11-25-2015, 08:47 AM
Is that a tiny gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Ha!! I wonder what would have happened if Karen had said that to Ricky 15?

Doc
11-25-2015, 09:02 AM
Ha!! I wonder what would have happened if Karen had said that to Ricky 15?

According to Slick Rick, his gun fired prematurely and missed the target.

bigsky
11-25-2015, 09:20 AM
According to Slick Rick, his gun fired prematurely and missed the target. he thought it was loaded with blanks too

suncat05
11-25-2015, 09:42 AM
It was a "dud" load.......

Doc
11-25-2015, 09:50 AM
http://www.cityoflafayettega.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/mayo_shooting_meme.jpg

CitizenBBN
11-25-2015, 08:41 PM
Well this thread took an odd shot in the wrong direction....

Very silly article, esp. considering there are dozens of models of guns that are smaller than the Glock. It's their answer to the ever growing carry market, esp. guns like the Kimbers and Springfields that are amazingly compact and still chambered for 45 ACP.

Also considering that if you are just worried about size, the Smith and Wesson J frame is a nice compact size easily as small as any Glock and it's only been around for about a century.

In fact that Glock would be about the biggest gun I carry. The Kel Tec is smaller, so is the S&W 60.

suncat05
11-26-2015, 07:56 AM
I just have to think that our ballet dancer turned journalista was forced to write this article by her editor and really doesn't have much, if any, working knowledge of handguns, or firearms in general.
As I have stated here several times, I am not a Glock fan, although there is nothing wrong with them from the standpoint that they work, almost always, and certainly is the most used handgun in the world, by both police agencies and military entities alike. I do not like the ergonomics of the grip, although I do understand that Glock has improved that in its Gen 4 models, although I have not actually held one of those in my hand as of yet.
Overall, just a strange kind of article to me, considering the item in question and the details of the article. Just my view on this.

bigsky
11-26-2015, 08:25 AM
I read the article and it is not the headline. I dont think the author is the daisy sniffin bunny hugger that the headline writer is.

Darrell KSR
11-26-2015, 11:28 AM
I read the article and it is not the headline. I dont think the author is the daisy sniffin bunny hugger that the headline writer is.

The article was fine. The headline made it seem like you had a pistol you could slip in your wallet or on your Keychain.

Glock doesn't make anything *that* small.

Suncat, I guess it's a matter of preference and hand sizes, etc. I think the Glock grips are terrific and feel superior to others I have tried in the gun shop here. But to each their own.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
11-26-2015, 02:03 PM

Glock has long been a favorite distortion. The article was OK, and that author writes a lot on weapons and such for that site.

The best of all time is the decades long portrayal of Glock as a "plastic gun". That started way back, the implication being you could walk through a metal detector with one. yeah, except for the steel slide, the steel barrel and all the other parts. It had a plastic receiver, as do most handguns now.

Glock is smart to try to get more of the concealed carry market. The vast majority of their guns are LEO sized guns, fine for duty weapons and home defense, but biggish for carry.

Quick glance at the numbers says it's not even that small, esp. for a 380. It's about the size of a LC380 from Ruger but way heavier, also about like a Kel Tec PF9 which is a single stack 9mm. My Kel Tec 380 is way smaller.