PDA

View Full Version : Mark McGuire to the Dodgers

jazyd
11-07-2012, 10:35 PM
McGuire is going to be the new hitting coach of the Dodgers. He was going to retire because of being away from his family so much but since he lives 40 miles from Dodger stadium and they offered last week he took it. Hope it doesn't hurt hte Cards too much, John Mabry has been promoted up.

Darrell KSR
11-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Evidently, he was doing a good job, Jazy. I know Mark had some issues, but I always liked him. I am glad he's close to family now; that's important.

Catonahottinroof
11-08-2012, 05:09 AM
I'd say he did an excellent job. The hitting coach can be judge by hitters 5-9. The Redbirds did quite well south of the cleanup hitter.
Good luck to him, but not the Dodgers :/

jazyd
11-08-2012, 10:16 AM
When you look at the numbers the team posted, he did a great job especially with young hitters like Craig and others, he will be missed.
I respect what he did when he admitted what he had done in the past, not many have done that, and he accepts what he has gotten in regard to the HOF. I would vote for him for that alone.

Evidently, he was doing a good job, Jazy. I know Mark had some issues, but I always liked him. I am glad he's close to family now; that's important.