PDA

View Full Version : Pray that the RNC

Jeeepcat
11-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Will FINALLY understand that these sheep demand a young, dynamic leader.

Old white guys aren't going to get elected anymore.

Oh, and screw Colin Powell - not for endorsing Obama but for lying to folks and telling them that "He saved the auto industry"

Doc
11-07-2012, 09:40 AM
2 words: MARCO RUBIO

Doc
11-07-2012, 10:22 AM
A very very slight aspect, or more correctly looking for a silver lining, positive is that had Mitt won odds are he would be running again in 2016 as the GOP candidate meaning Rubio would not be on the ticket. With Mitts loss, Rubio is the odds on favorite to win the GOP nomination.

CattyWampus
11-07-2012, 01:38 PM

Four more words:

Susana Martinez
Ted Cruz

cattails
11-07-2012, 02:23 PM

In 4 years he may be ready.

DanISSELisdaman
11-07-2012, 03:20 PM
He would get my vote!

suncat05
11-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Ahhh, but you can darn sure bet that the "Old Guard" of the GOP will not go quietly into that dark night. And most of them are the problem. It is time for some serious reform within the GOP, and I just don't see it happening.

And I'd vote for Rubio right now, but he hasn't paid his dues just yet. Four years from now and it's a game.

Doc
11-07-2012, 07:03 PM
So long as the GOP is represented by old fuddy duddies like Boehner and McConnell, they won't attract the young voter. Look at the choices that were out there in the primaries. You had a bitter old man (Newt Gingrich), a whiner (Michelle Bachman), a bible thumper (Rick Santorum), an Alzheimer's candidate (Perry), a crazy old bastard (Ron Paul) and the mormon. Hell, sounds like an opening line for a joke, or a compilation of Joe Biden's traits. Then throw in the talking heads for the "conservatives" with the likes of Sarah Palin. Voting for any of those people simply isn't "cool" because none of them are cool. Young fresh ideas are discouraged. Moderates are alienated.

ColonelSteve
11-07-2012, 07:11 PM
It's not about race, it's about people like Mitch McConnell who are BADLY out of touch with reality

jazyd
11-08-2012, 12:33 PM
the old guard will raise their heads, they don't want to lose this power and money they have. Must change or else there will be a third party. Rubio would be good, so would several other younger ones. Ryan would not beat Rubio out for the ticket

Ahhh, but you can darn sure bet that the "Old Guard" of the GOP will not go quietly into that dark night. And most of them are the problem. It is time for some serious reform within the GOP, and I just don't see it happening.

And I'd vote for Rubio right now, but he hasn't paid his dues just yet. Four years from now and it's a game.

Jeeepcat
11-08-2012, 06:08 PM
So long as the GOP is represented by old fuddy duddies like Boehner and McConnell, they won't attract the young voter. Look at the choices that were out there in the primaries. You had a bitter old man (Newt Gingrich), a whiner (Michelle Bachman), a bible thumper (Rick Santorum), an Alzheimer's candidate (Perry), a crazy old bastard (Ron Paul) and the mormon. Hell, sounds like an opening line for a joke, or a compilation of Joe Biden's traits. Then throw in the talking heads for the "conservatives" with the likes of Sarah Palin. Voting for any of those people simply isn't "cool" because none of them are cool. Young fresh ideas are discouraged. Moderates are alienated.

I had to read this one out loud to my wife. Well done sir!

BigBlueBrock
11-08-2012, 08:51 PM

This is a very good post. If you want to see a GOP candidate elected to this nation's highest office again, then you need to hope the party gets the reins out of people who say things like "legitimate rape" and "the theory of evolution is straight from Hell." The Millenial generation (my generation) is the largest percentage of the population now. We're not voting for the likes of Romney or Newt or Bachmann or Perry, because they don't represent our interests. If the GOP had put John Huntsman up against Obama, I'd have voted for that ticket and not even batted an eye.