PDA

View Full Version : My Dream Team

Badinage
11-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Mike Belotti comes out of ESPN retirement and Neal Brown is his OC. Belotti then hires some hot young DC (as he should be informed as to who is and who is not hot) and they hit the recruiting trail!!!

Someone please say this is remotely possible!!! :D

dan_bgblue
11-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Remotely possible.

Badinage
11-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Thank you!!!!

bluesuedeshoes
11-06-2012, 01:30 PM
If I may add to the last sentence of your dream..........and hit the recruiting trail next week! :p

(Yes I know NB still has a job...)

Badinage
11-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah, that would be a huge plus to landing Belotti. He does not have to wait to get the recruiting ball rolling.

kritikalcat
11-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah, that would be a huge plus to landing Belotti. He does not have to wait to get the recruiting ball rolling.

UK would have to go ahead and fire one of the current coaches now, put Belotti on staff, and (probably) get him re-certified with the NCAA (not a huge deal, I think it's just a test to pass), and if he is designated as the head coach or HCIW he would still be under certain recruiting restrictions.

We can't just say Belotti is going to be the next head coach and have him go out and start recruiting for us.

Badinage
11-07-2012, 01:35 PM
If he was named the HC, ESPN would be all over it. If he is not currently certified, the PR we received between that time and certification would be good for recruiting. Not that big of an issue. Certainly not worthy killing my dream. :)