PDA

View Full Version : Election results?

bigsky
11-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Any important results where you are?

bigsky
11-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Like, er, a total sweep by GOP of statewide elections?

CitizenBBN
11-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Just about a GOP sweep. Even the races the Dems held in Kentucky were very close and they were a well known figure versus an unknown, and they almost lost those.

Matt Bevin was about as weak a candidate in some ways the GOP could have run, and he won the Governorship by 12 points tonight. he's an outsider, but he got beat to hell in the primaries, and does have some questionable stuff in his past, but I think the "yellow dog" thing that used to apply to Democrats in the south now applies to anyone who isn't a career politician.

But a lot of this, a LOT of this, is a rejection of the extreme Leftism of the Democratic national party and Obama. Easily as extreme as the McGovern election years.

bigsky
11-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Black woman GOP is Lt GOVernor?

TonyRay
11-03-2015, 09:09 PM

Yes, first black to be elected to state office in KY, and she's a Republican.

CitizenBBN
11-03-2015, 09:20 PM

Yes. Here's her bio from the Bevin site: http://www.mattbevin.com/meet_jenean

bigsky
11-03-2015, 09:24 PM
I didnt run for Mayor this time--just a Commission seat, but received 73% of the vote for an unprecedented 4th term on the commission.

CitizenBBN
11-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Wish you'd talked to us about that Jeff. I can't speak for the others but I have always considered it a bit of my cache' that I know the mayor of Bozeman. I won't be quite as cool now, though the landslide reelection does help.

bigsky
11-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Wish you'd talked to us about that Jeff. I can't speak for the others but I have always considered it a bit of my cache' that I know the mayor of Bozeman. I won't be quite as cool now, though the landslide reelection does help. Yes it won't be as cool. Sorry. Leukemia and heart attack were factors. Something bragadocious will turn up, I won't be kicking back or staying under the radar.

suncat05
11-04-2015, 08:41 AM
She seems to be pretty solid to me, based on the bio info. I had never heard of her before this.

suncat05
11-04-2015, 08:43 AM
What's the story on Bevin? I have not heard of him before either, not that I recall.

CitizenBBN
11-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Yes it won't be as cool. Sorry. Leukemia and heart attack were factors. Something bragadocious will turn up, I won't be kicking back or staying under the radar.

I get you taking it easier for sure, just had to let you know how much cool you bring to the group. :)

Though I'd bet my car you aren't really the "taking it easier" type of guy, witness you still being on the Commission. As you said, I'm sure something will come up to have you in the headlines soon enough.

CitizenBBN
11-04-2015, 10:13 PM
What's the story on Bevin? I have not heard of him before either, not that I recall.

Investments guy, ran against McConnell in the last Senate primary, got beat up pretty good in that Mitch isn't shy about negative campaigning.

So bevin came into this with a lot of baggage that had been used by Mitch, still won very solid.

KSRBEvans
11-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Conway's 43% showing was the 3rd worst for a Democratic candidate in Kentucky history and worst since 1863:

http://editions.lib.umn.edu/smartpolitics/2015/11/04/kentucky-democrats-turn-in-worst-showing-in-gubernatorial-race-since-the-civil-war/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SmartPolitics+%28Smart+Politi cs%29

suncat05
11-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Conway's 43% showing was the 3rd worst for a Democratic candidate in Kentucky history and worst since 1863:

http://editions.lib.umn.edu/smartpolitics/2015/11/04/kentucky-democrats-turn-in-worst-showing-in-gubernatorial-race-since-the-civil-war/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SmartPolitics+%28Smart+Politi cs%29

I hope this is a preview of next year's Presendtial election. Lord knows the Democrats are giving most reasonable people every excuse to NOT vote for that old dried up hag Killary.........

MickintheHam
11-07-2015, 04:43 AM
You will now see many democrats in non urban and suburban areas switch parties. It will be very quick in developing. Kentucky is just about the last southern state with any semblence of a Democrat Party?

Doc
11-07-2015, 08:28 AM
You will now see many democrats in non urban and suburban areas switch parties. It will be very quick in developing. Kentucky is just about the last southern state with any semblence of a Democrat Party?

Yes but you will also see a much large than normal dead voter turn out for the democrats. I expect them to be hitting the graveyards and mortuaries hard next November