PDA

View Full Version : This is sickening--we need a new gun law badly!

Darrell KSR
11-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Grandfather abandons 5-year old granddaughter in desert with loaded, "cocked, ready-to-fire" .45-caliber handgun. (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-man-abandons-granddaughter-in-desert-with-loaded-gun/)

suncat05
11-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Yeah, he went for cheeseburger..........no-good low life SOB.
This guy is a psychopath. Nobody in their right mind does stuff like this to an innocent child that relies on the adults in her life for love and guidance. This guy has traumatized this child, and for what?
Prison is too good for this guy.

I would like to know this guy's life story. I am willing to bet it's been colorful, and not in a good way.

Doc
11-03-2015, 01:08 PM
New gun laws? Wha choo takin bout willis? What about the "enforce the ones we already have" cry? Maybe he was just trying to show that child the beauty of the outdoors? Maybe the gun was for self protection against wolves and coyotes, and she had been properly trained on how to use that gun by him because he was a responsible gun owner. You do realize the NRA is going to come and take your card away, right?

Seriously, I don't see this as all that less responsible than giving a 9 year girl an Uzi where she shoots and kills an instructor.

And just so there is no misunderstanding...that was sarcasm. I'm sure you understood that Darrell but other might not have.

Darrell KSR
11-03-2015, 02:24 PM
No! We need more gun laws! The 5-year old should be required to pass a test before possessing a concealed weapon. And she may have not concealed it--open carry for a preschooler?

There ought to be a law.

A gun law.

More, more, more.

bigsky
11-03-2015, 03:06 PM
We need to move the line on crueler punishments.

Doc
11-03-2015, 04:54 PM
No! We need more gun laws! The 5-year old should be required to pass a test before possessing a concealed weapon. And she may have not concealed it--open carry for a preschooler?

There ought to be a law.

A gun law.

More, more, more.

Yes, I obviously agree with you but every time I dare mention the need for a new law I get the same response. "We don't need more laws, we need to enforce the once ones we have". It doesn't matter what the situation, what the cause...its ALWAYS the same response. "We don't need more laws, we need to enforce the once ones we have". "We don't need more laws, we need to enforce the once ones we have". "We don't need more laws, we need to enforce the once ones we have". Blah, blah, blah. IMO this moron ought to be dropped in the middle of the desert naked with 2 broken legs and blindfolded, in the middle of a pack of starving coyotes. This guy clearly doesn't have a lick of common sense or the mental capacity to be responsible for anything that involves raising a child or handling anything that could endanger another individual. Of course he has the right to be a moron, I'll defend that right to be a moron so long as it doesn't harm anybody. He has overstepped that here.

CitizenBBN
11-03-2015, 06:58 PM
As we all know (and I get the sarcasm from all), there are plenty of laws to cover this particular situation, starting with wanton endangerment of a minor. leaving her in the desert would warrant some kind of charge, doing so with a cocked and locked 45 elevates that to some vastly higher level of charge.

Doc
11-04-2015, 05:50 AM
And as we all know it would have been perfectly legal for a five year old to be handling and firing this gun if a "responsible" individual had been present. So if gramps is sitting in a chair by said granddaughter, its legal. Me, I find that disturbing.