PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR fans

catmanjack
10-26-2015, 10:07 AM
What are your thoughts on the race yesterday at the end.
Fans wait all day to see the end and what a let down, seems week after week
it's the same result.
Now back to the end, on the first start did anyone notice how harvick move up out of
the groove to allow cars by but on the second start he stayed in the racing lane and
when #6 tried to pass he suddenly turns the wheel into him to wreck him on purpose.
It's was very clear what his intentions were.
I think he should have been forced to the back by nascar
I also think he should not be allowed to continue in the chase.

MickintheHam
10-27-2015, 01:18 PM
I have but a passing interest in NASCAR racing but NASCAR has a ton of problems. The finish at Talladega was an embarrassment. No wonder the crowds are down at all the tracks. I drove by the track last Thursday are there are but a fraction of the number of campers there used to be. The fans are fed up with the way many of the races are completed. Junior took it in the ear and that's not a good thing in alaBama.

catmanjack
10-27-2015, 10:42 PM
NASCAR is not the good ole boy sport anymore as there is really only Jr left.
They took races away from the old Saturday night tracks and made the big dollar mile and half tracks at the big cities.
Not much of a fan myself anymore.

Darrell KSR
10-28-2015, 12:19 AM
I know next to nothing about the sport, and that may be overstating it. But I know Earnhart is very popular, and from what little I heard, he got shafted when they had to declare the race prematurely over because somebody (intentionally?) wrecked, when the race was already under some special rule that said the next time it stopped, it couldn't be started again?

Sorry for that run-on sentence, but it's late, and if somebody could explain it, I promise I'll read it tomorrow :).

MickintheHam
10-28-2015, 12:34 AM
NASCAR is not the good ole boy sport anymore as there is really only Jr left.
They took races away from the old Saturday night tracks and made the big dollar mile and half tracks at the big cities.
Not much of a fan myself anymore.

It is a lot more fun to drive a couple of miles down the highway and go to the races every Saturday Night at the Talladega Short Track, quarter mile banked dirt track. Come home with your shorts full of alaBama red clay.

catmanjack
10-28-2015, 09:32 PM
That's what NASCAR was built on and related to the common man, not so much anymore.

dan_bgblue
11-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Kenseth got his revenge today

catmanjack
11-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Yes he did!
NASCAR made a big mistake last week when they allowed Harvick to wreck someone
on purpose just to stay in the chase and no action was taken.
NASCAR has become a joke with the on the spot rules changes.

catmanjack
11-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Did not see the aftermath was wondering the reaction.

dan_bgblue
11-02-2015, 06:48 AM
Did not see the aftermath was wondering the reaction.

Huge ovation from the crowd. Talking heads really gave Kenseth down the road for the incident. NASCAR will announce any punitive actions by Tuesday. NASCAR called Kenseth, Gibbs, and the crew chief to their hauler as soon as Kenseth left the medical center.

dan_bgblue
11-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Wish he had backed up and hit him a couple more times for good measure. I do believe he got his message across. Logano and Keselowski are on notice in 2016

Kenseth penalized (http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/11/3/penalty-matt-kenseth-wreck-joey-logano-nascar-statement-martinsville.html)

Catonahottinroof
11-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Ricky Craven tells it how it is and calls out Brian France.

http://youtu.be/4svEN25Bc-c

catmanjack
11-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Still don't know how there was nothing done to Harvick for his actions.

CitizenBBN
11-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Craven nailed it. They let the first one go, then act all surprised there was a response.

dan_bgblue
11-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Still don't know how there was nothing done to Harvick for his actions.

Keslowski got off with no penalty as well.

catmanjack
11-16-2015, 12:58 PM
NASCAR makes another bone head decision to call a race that ment so much in determining their champion.
If I was a driver I would look for a different circuit or boycott NASCAR and start their own.