PDA

View Full Version : Petrino?

SalsaKat
11-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Seems every election season has a dividing wedge issue, and this year, in the politically useless flyover territory that is Kentucky, that issue seems to be Bobby Petrino. What are your thoughts on him?

Personally, I could not care less about "morality" or where he sticks his hog (Get it? Cause he coached at Arkansas?), and I would have to venture that Barnhart is smart and professional enough to feel the same way, but by hiring his mistress over more qualified candidates he left his previous employer in a miasma of potential legal liability. Especially if it can be demonstrated that there was a quid pro quo relationship between sex and employment. Mitch and Eli are first and foremost businessmen and I think any employer would be absolutely out of his mind to put his organization at risk by hiring an employee who'd done that in the past, no matter how good they were at their job.

I realize several of you, e.g. Darrell, have the legal knowledge to weigh in more on that, but that's just my 1/50 of $1.

fastkat
11-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I'd want him to have a buy out clause that would be so expensive for him to leave that he would be giving his paycheck to UK for a long time.

My problem with him is his lack of loyalty to the places he's coached. I just don't want to have a couple good years then he moves on to the next "dream job". Plus I don't want someone that called us the Smurfs and slapdicks as our coach.

Badinage
11-06-2012, 12:17 PM
I think fans should just stop discussing Petrino. All indications are that hell will be selling snow cones before that ever happens.

Catonahottinroof
11-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Some indication that Mike Slive has an issue with him back in the SEC as well.