KeithKSR
11-05-2012, 11:21 AM
....let's fire another joker tomorrow.

LakeCat
11-05-2012, 11:22 AM
And the congregation answered "amen"

Catonahottinroof
11-05-2012, 11:42 AM
My opinion is he was told to fire Joker just as he was told to fire BCG. At his salary level, he shouldn't be told to do anything, and couple that with the tomfoolery comments on the pre-game show about fan agendas.
I don't see how his job is safe at all...

UKHistory
11-05-2012, 11:44 AM
I could be mistaken but I think Keith's comment is not against Mitch but rather in reference to voting in tomorrow's national election.

As only one of the two main candidates is a sitting president I would take Keith's comment to be that he hopes the President is not re-elected. So the Joker in question is Presdient Obama. An over all poor choice of terms.

Just as Mitch made a comment that fans had "personal agendas" against Joker with the implication of a racial bias, I think referring to a US President in a derogatory fashion is in poor taste.

And while I hope all of us exercise our right to vote tomorrow, this forum may not be the best place to discuss those issues.

Keith: If you were actually referring to Mitch then my error. I prefer to refer to Mitch as an "ass clown" more so than a joker--because Mitch's statements this past week were not funny.

kybobcat
11-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Not gonna happen, imho...When push came to shove, he made the choice that would save his job, and that was to fire Joker. Now that he has done that, I think his job is safe, unless he hires a complete idiot as our next head coach. Once he hires the new coach, his job will hang in the balance, he has another Joker/BCG type hire and he is out of here. I think for those of us that are afraid of who he hires, the one thing we can grasp on is that Mitch is going to want to save his job, so I think he will move heaven and earth to make sure he makes the "right" hire, makes the "popular" hire, and he will probably let NOTHING get in his way, including money. He will probably figure that even if he breaks the bank, he can figure out the budget AFTER he makes the hire, and that this hire will insure his paychecks keep getting direct deposited every two weeks.

MTcatfan
11-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Well if this was meant as a political thread, why in the hell do we need this crap on a SPORTS forum?

CitizenBBN
11-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Well if this was meant as a political thread, why in the hell do we need this crap on a SPORTS forum?

Sorry I didn't pick up on it either, but it's been moved by someone here more astute than me.

MTcatfan
11-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Glad thread got moved, but I am not participating in this political crap, it just pisses me off.

CitizenBBN
11-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Glad thread got moved, but I am not participating in this political crap, it just pisses me off.

I'm with you. I get sucked in b/c I do find it interesting and I do care, but in the end I'm just depressed over it.

Darrell KSR
11-05-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm hit or miss on political stuff. This board is pretty darn good at being respectful to others' opinions, which is why I can tolerate it, since intolerance isn't the name of the game.

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow...

UKHistory
11-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Very tough one for me. I am worried about the direction of the country. I also believe that neither party is truly looking to serve the interests of the American People.

Both are beholding to interest group and more importantly the richest of the rich who have no problem in seeing the middle class and the roads to middle class living be blocked. From illegal aliens gaining amnesty to jobs being sent overseas, the American Dream is fading but for only a select few.

I fear an economic feudal division in socio-economic class that pushes all of us down the food chain. Those forces are in both parties but more so in the party I have proudly been a member of my entire voting life.

KeithKSR
11-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Those forces are in both parties but more so in the party I have proudly been a member of my entire voting life.

The party has changed drastically over the last several decades and no longer represents middle class people with middle class values. JFK challenged people to serve their country, the current mantra is not at all the same. The President had an opportunity to poor money into infrastructure, sign the pipeline deal, and do a lot of other things that would have put Americans to work. Instead way too much of the stimulus package went to special interest groups and fake green energy companies that have since gone bankrupt at the expense of the American taxpayer.

Bill Clinton worked with those in Congress, particularly Newt Gingrich to balance the budget and bring some prosperity to Americans. If our current President was willing to work with Boehner in that same way our economy would now be surging.

Doc
11-05-2012, 04:26 PM
The party has changed drastically over the last several decades and no longer represents middle class people with middle class values. JFK challenged people to serve their country, the current mantra is not at all the same. The President had an opportunity to poor money into infrastructure, sign the pipeline deal, and do a lot of other things that would have put Americans to work. Instead way too much of the stimulus package went to special interest groups and fake green energy companies that have since gone bankrupt at the expense of the American taxpayer.

Bill Clinton worked with those in Congress, particularly Newt Gingrich to balance the budget and bring some prosperity to Americans. If our current President was willing to work with Boehner in that same way our economy would now be surging.

The bolded portion is my biggest issue. I don't have any issue with the president having an agenda that aligns with his party. However I do have an issue when he gives the other party "the finger" and says screw you. I vote for representative to represent me. My guy lost the election in 2008 and I can live with that however my congressmen and women have a job and that is to represent me. As President of the UNITED STATES, its the president's job to listen to both sides and to represent all the people, not just his party.

CattyWampus
11-05-2012, 06:43 PM

ColonelSteve
11-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Like it or not...Obama is winning tomorrow...mark my words...I will be SHOCKED with everything thats come out if Romney wins

ColonelSteve
11-05-2012, 07:32 PM

UKHistory
11-05-2012, 08:01 PM
My party I was speaking of is the Republican Party. And while both sides have egg on their face, the Tea Party Repulbicans and Senator McConnell publicly stating their agenda was not to work with the President but to fight him at every turn has not helped us. Not one damn bit.

Clinton co-opted Gingrich and Republicans' position to ensure that he was re-elected. It was not that he was willing to work with the Republicans so much as he went with the flow to get re-elected.

Mitch McConnell and other Republicans understood Clinton's success moving to the middle and was not going to allow Obama the same opportunity.

ColonelSteve
11-05-2012, 08:15 PM
My party I was speaking of is the Republican Party. And while both sides have egg on their face, the Tea Party Repulbicans and Senator McConnell publicly stating their agenda was not to work with the President but to fight him at every turn has not helped us. Not one damn bit.

Clinton co-opted Gingrich and Republicans' position to ensure that he was re-elected. It was not that he was willing to work with the Republicans so much as he went with the flow to get re-elected.

Mitch McConnell and other Republicans understood Clinton's success moving to the middle and was not going to allow Obama the same opportunity.

I am so sick of McConnell it's not even funny, KY is at the bottom in key statistics and all he cares about is fighting Obama, he needs to go too

jazyd
11-06-2012, 08:52 AM
History I agree with you on clinton and of course he gets all the credit event though he basically was forced into doing what he did but at least he was smart enough to work with Newt and company.

Where I disagree is that Obama never tried working with republicans from the start, basically told them he was elected and everything was his way and for the first two years it was. Then when the republicans took the house, he still would not negotiate, just stonewalled everything and Reid obliged by not letting anything from the house go tot he floor. Not one single budge in 3.5 years from the senate, no negotiations with the house. I think the house would have negotiated and settled on compromise if Reid would have at least tried. And Reid has already made the McConnell statement in that if Romney wins he will not allow any of platform to succeed.

McConnell is terrible and his statement hurt the republican side even though I understood what he meant which is different than what the media and the democrats portrayed it as. The senate has the two worst leaders currently than probably the history of the country.

I have no problem with the overall objective of the tea party, they want smaller government, balance budget, get the deficit under control. Break those and they want you out. It is much better than the other side who wants everything for free while taking it from me and you.

Will Romney do a good job, don't know but I would be willing to bet he would be better than Obama, I think Hillary would have been better than Obama because Bill would have been leading from inside. The whole demeanor of Romney is better than Obama right down to his body language, he is a much better person. Obama is a arrogant 'r'ck. Watch his body language closely and he totally feels superior to everyone, just watch him cock his head upwards when he is at the podium as if he were a superior person. I think there is a ton of lies about him as a person growing up and thru his political life, hopefully one day it will all come out.

ukcatlvr
11-06-2012, 09:01 AM

suncat05
11-06-2012, 10:02 AM

classic!

Doc
11-09-2012, 08:12 AM

Ef-ing worked for me. See my parents took responsibility for their kids and taught them the importance of self reliance within the family and hard work rather than sucking off the government, and therefore off the taxpayer (aka the rich) like a leech. And like a responsible person, I paid that back because to me it was important because I didn't want to a parasite that took and gave nothing in return. All of my parents children had their educations paid for by my parents, even if they had to barrow money. After college all have borrowed money from my parents, in some cases large amounts, to purchase businesses, start businesses or purchase real estate. Only one of my siblings failed to repay and of all, he is the least financially stable because he feels everything is owed to him and takes no responsibility. See he failed to learn that the way to get ahead in this country is through hard work and being responsible. If you live with your hand out wanting somebody to put something in it, don't have to work for what you get then there is no incentive to succeed on your own. It's why the cycle of poverty and welfare continues