PDA

View Full Version : Well, the annual "winter plague" has begun......

suncat05
09-30-2015, 08:47 AM
Usually, the snow buzzards from up north don't start coming down until about mid-October, but last week I was over on the west coast of Florida and saw tons of license plates from New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois, etc., etc., etc.
I spent the last two days up in Ormond Beach with my daughter from Kentucky, and it was the same thing.

The plague is upon us! :sAng_soapbox:

badrose
09-30-2015, 10:53 AM
Usually, the snow buzzards from up north don't start coming down until about mid-October, but last week I was over on the west coast of Florida and saw tons of license plates from New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois, etc., etc., etc.
I spent the last two days up in Ormond Beach with my daughter from Kentucky, and it was the same thing.

The plague is upon us! :sAng_soapbox:

Many of them settle down here in Pinehurst. An entitled bunch.

suncat05
09-30-2015, 11:36 AM
They're like ants, badrose, they're EVERYWHERE! :mad0176:

bigsky
09-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Wont be long before I'll be doing that 01-03/2017

suncat05
09-30-2015, 01:02 PM
That's good! But you're different from the regular snow buzzards.......you're not obnoxious, rude, hateful, and condescending......IJS........ :rockon:

Doc
09-30-2015, 01:42 PM
That plague usually makes it way this direction by mid November

Suncat, any chance you want to go to City of Palms this year? Its the weekend before Xmas in Ft Myers

MickintheHam
09-30-2015, 02:49 PM
That's good! But you're different from the regular snow buzzards.......you're not obnoxious, rude, hateful, and condescending......IJS........ :rockon:

You should see the AHs as they drive down to Florida. Motor Home with the junk tied down everywhere, trailer with automobile and 20 or 30 of them all driving down together. They tie up the interstates for 10s of miles. God Bless you if you get behind them just before entering the 20 mile long construction zones on I-65. Glad we only get them coming and going but it's miserable from Thanksgiving til after New Year's. I believe there are more adjectives other than just obnoxious, rude, hateful and condescending.

suncat05
09-30-2015, 07:01 PM
That plague usually makes it way this direction by mid November

Suncat, any chance you want to go to City of Palms this year? Its the weekend before Xmas in Ft Myers

I was just talking with Mrs. suncat about that last weekend. Yes, I certainly would like to go, but it's all dependent on her Mother's health situation overseas. but as of right now, yes, absolutely. I will keep in touch with you about it. And thanks, Doc. I was really looking forward to it last year, but then that darn URI hit me and had me down for a while. I really appreciated your offer!

suncat05
09-30-2015, 07:04 PM
You should see the AHs as they drive down to Florida. Motor Home with the junk tied down everywhere, trailer with automobile and 20 or 30 of them all driving down together. They tie up the interstates for 10s of miles. God Bless you if you get behind them just before entering the 20 mile long construction zones on I-65. Glad we only get them coming and going but it's miserable from Thanksgiving til after New Year's. I believe there are more adjectives other than just obnoxious, rude, hateful and condescending.

Oh, there certainly are A LOT MORE "COLORFUL" ADJECTIVES that could be used, no doubt, but this is a family board, and we do have kids and other folks visiting, so I'm trying to "keep it clean & civilized", as it were. :sHa_dielaughing:

dan_bgblue
09-30-2015, 08:34 PM
I wish they would drive no further than KY and spend their billions a year here

Doc
10-01-2015, 06:35 AM
I tried to take out a couple octogenarians today but they were too quick for me

suncat05
10-01-2015, 08:05 AM
I tried to take out a couple octogenarians today but they were too quick for me

:unworthy:

KentuckyWildcat
10-01-2015, 08:49 AM
I'm leaving out tomorrow :) Not for the winter, just for the week.

Doc
10-01-2015, 12:09 PM
One of my favorite movie scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKJDW_TG_Ww

MickintheHam
10-07-2015, 08:40 PM
Drove home from Lexington last Sunday. 8 motor homes following each other managed to tie up I-65 traffic for over 40 miles. On four lane sections of Interstate highway tractor trailers taake forever to pass them and the traffic gets bumper to bumper in both lanes.