PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to D Allen

jazyd
09-14-2015, 08:21 AM
Congratulations to David Allen, Dean of Pharmacy School of Ole Miss for putting his school into the top ten nationally for total extramural funding, the only SEC pharmacy school in the top ten. His school ranks number 7. They received $15.6 million in 2014.

David has been there a few years but from all I have read and heard from pharmacy friends is doing an outstanding job. As I understand from friends in the business the alumni were very fractured when he took over but he pretty quickly began bringing them together.

If you ever get the chance to spend time with David it won't take you long to understand why he is successful. Quality person, strong faith, great guy. To give you one example, I was told he stopped one day to tell the landscape workers how much he appreciated the work they did around his school area and how good it looked. From what I was told they were stunned but highly appreciative. They don't hear that from a school Dean. He also sat down with retail pharmacist at the beginning to listen

Congratulations again David, ole Miss needs to work hard to keep you in the fold

Darrell KSR
09-14-2015, 09:35 AM
David is good people.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

KentuckyWildcat
09-14-2015, 12:14 PM
:sHa_clap2:

KSRdallen
09-14-2015, 01:32 PM
Wow! I was VERY humbled to open up KSR and see this post. Thanks, Skip, for the very kind words. I am blessed to work with amazing people who make my job easy and are the example of what teamwork is and should be in a School of Pharmacy. It really is the work of others that deserve the kudos. Thank you!

Darrell KSR
09-14-2015, 08:34 PM
Wow! I was VERY humbled to open up KSR and see this post. Thanks, Skip, for the very kind words. I am blessed to work with amazing people who make my job easy and are the example of what teamwork is and should be in a School of Pharmacy. It really is the work of others that deserve the kudos. Thank you!

The mark of a great man, giving credit to others. I never do. That speaks volumes!

suncat05
09-16-2015, 08:35 AM
Congratulations!

KSRBEvans
09-16-2015, 08:42 AM
:happy0001: Way to go, dallen!

PedroDaGr8
09-16-2015, 09:15 PM
Very damn impressive! I love to see a southern school on the up and up intellectually!

jazyd
09-17-2015, 01:51 AM
David, have you applied for the chancellors job yet ?

KSRdallen
09-17-2015, 06:38 AM
David, have you applied for the chancellors job yet ?

Not interested in that job, Skip. I've got the best job on campus.

Thanks again for the kind words, gang. I'm grateful.

jazyd
09-17-2015, 09:19 PM
Not interested in that job, Skip. I've got the best job on campus.

Thanks again for the kind words, gang. I'm grateful.

Well I had planned on calling the committee

CitizenBBN
09-17-2015, 10:40 PM
So how much is David paying you guys? ;)

J/K, David is one of the top in his profession nationally, and has been for a while. Wish he were being a rock star in lexington so we could have a beer once in a while but definitely a rock star.

(I don't need a check D, but if you guys develop a pill that gives you X men superpowers just get me in the test program. Any of them are fine, move metal or manipulate the weather, but given the choice the Professor X pill will be my preference. Thanks in advance.)

KSRdallen
09-18-2015, 06:41 AM
So how much is David paying you guys? ;)

J/K, David is one of the top in his profession nationally, and has been for a while. Wish he were being a rock star in lexington so we could have a beer once in a while but definitely a rock star.

(I don't need a check D, but if you guys develop a pill that gives you X men superpowers just get me in the test program. Any of them are fine, move metal or manipulate the weather, but given the choice the Professor X pill will be my preference. Thanks in advance.)

Noted. You're first on the list. :)

kingcat
09-19-2015, 11:17 AM
David deserves all these accolades and more. When I hear the term gentleman and a scholar, he comes to mind. Proud to know you my friend.

KSRdallen
09-19-2015, 11:36 AM
David deserves all these accolades and more. When I hear the term gentleman and a scholar, he comes to mind. Proud to know you my friend.

Very nice words coming from a class individual and great friend. Thanks, Dave.

PedroDaGr8
09-23-2015, 10:23 AM
Very nice words coming from a class individual and great friend. Thanks, Dave.

I just realized, the SEC has THREE (and possibly four) pharmacy programs in the top 25 overall nationally (according to USNEWS)!

#5 UK
#14 Florida
#24 Ole Miss

Plus
#17 Univ of Tenn Health Sciences (memphis). Not sure if that counts or if it is independent of UT.

KSRdallen
09-23-2015, 05:52 PM
UT is indeed counted as SEC. When the SEC deans meet, UT participates. I believe that the last time US News ranked pharmacy schools was back in 2012, so another update of those numbers should be forthcoming.

CitizenBBN
09-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Ole Miss has been and will continue to fly up those rankings.

jazyd
09-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Ole Miss has been and will continue to fly up those rankings.

Trust me, they will...that last list was right before or right after David got there. So he graduated from a top ten school and is pushing his current school toward that top spot.

David is not only very intelligent, guard worker, appreciative of those that work with and around him, humble in his accomplishments, wonderful wife, but IMO he has all this because he is a man of great faith and has been truly blessed in so many ways.

He does have one fault that I gave noticed, he has become a darn Ole Miss football fan. :)

badrose
09-23-2015, 08:49 PM
Not much to add but it's all true. Congrats!

KSRdallen
09-23-2015, 10:12 PM
Trust me, they will...that last list was right before or right after David got there. So he graduated from a top ten school and is pushing his current school toward that top spot.

David is not only very intelligent, guard worker, appreciative of those that work with and around him, humble in his accomplishments, wonderful wife, but IMO he has all this because he is a man of great faith and has been truly blessed in so many ways.

He does have one fault that I gave noticed, he has become a darn Ole Miss football fan. :)

Guilty as charged. The people associated with UM athletics are the reason. Ross Bjork and Hugh Freeze are both amazing folks, talented, men of faith and just all around great guys. The School of Pharmacy is partnering with Athletics in several ways, so it's win-win. My next door neighbor is Dave Wommack, the defensive coordinator. Same attributes as Ross and Hugh. All quality people.

That said, I am STILL a UK football fan!

Thanks, John! I appreciate it.