PDA

View Full Version : Rich Bozich first local media member to say Barnhart needs to go

ColonelSteve
11-03-2012, 06:17 PM
POWERFUL article

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19995122/bozich-kentucky-football-issues-larger-than-phillips

blueboss
11-03-2012, 06:46 PM
POWERFUL article

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19995122/bozich-kentucky-football-issues-larger-than-phillips

Bozich has never written anything powerful

ColonelSteve
11-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Bozich has never written anything powerful

This is pretty close...you have to remember that Barnhart insinuated that angry UK fans are racist in the pregame show with his "personal agenda" comment

blueboss
11-03-2012, 07:14 PM
I'll take your word for it, Bozich is on my "do not click" list right behind 4d, The "Peter" Thamel

ColonelSteve
11-03-2012, 07:20 PM
I'll take your word for it, Bozich is on my "do not click" list right behind 4d, The "Peter" Thamel

You know actually since he left the CJ he has written some very pro UK articles...doesnt hurt that WDRB is Louisvilles UK station

ColonelSteve
11-03-2012, 07:24 PM

blueboss
11-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Barnhardt getting fired on the heels of hiring Cal and a subsequent national championship in just three short years is highly unlikely. While the hiring of of CBCG could be equated to hiring Hitler as a sensitivity trainer, the trophy in the case finishes that sentence with "Billy who ?".

I don't know how the whole coach in waiting thing works whether it was mandated by CRB or was Mitch's idea but either way I've never been a fan simply by the fact of some of the potential hires we didn't even take a look at because CJP was in the on deck circle. I personally was never a fan of CJP as offensive coordinator and never thought he would magically improve as head coach.

I do know that it's about time for KY to go all in and make a hire and spend the money that will say that we want to compete in the SEC football world. This could be some kind of master plan by Barnhardt to make himself look like a genius, first destroy KY basketball with the CBCG and then fix it with the CJC hire, and now part two with the CJP debacle and now he's going to go get Nick Saben or some other program changer. (glass half full version).

Regardless I still have no interest in what Bozich thinks.

fastkat
11-03-2012, 10:10 PM
You know actually since he left the CJ he has written some very pro UK articles...doesnt hurt that WDRB is Louisvilles UK station

I do have insider info about 41 and they would kill to get UofL back on their station.

fastkat
11-03-2012, 10:14 PM
I noticed that on the top of bozich's page there was a poll that asked if Barnhart could ID and hire the next Chris Peterson, Charlie Strong etc. I think he can IMO the problem is will the people above him let him make the hire.

Badinage
11-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Good to see people put their faith in the opinion of Bozich. NOW he makes sense to posters.

Barnhart has been an outstanding AD. The hire of Gillispie and Joker have failed. Most others have been very good.

Bozich has been critical of Calipari. Just seems ridiculous to see people pick and choose the Rick Bozich opinions.

Badinage
11-03-2012, 11:21 PM
I remember questioning the hire of Gillispie, only because I just did not know enough about the guy, but most UK fans were thrilled. And, when it went south, Mitch pulled the trigger after two years. Then, he hired Cal. Three years later, a NC. I know people want to point to the fact that Mitch and Cal only tolerate each other, but that demonstrates Mitch is willing to do what is best for UK, even when he may not have a connection with the coach. If people think hiring a football coach is hard at UK, get rid of Mitch and hold your breath about whether the new AD succeeds. The dump Mitch call demonstrates Bozich is a fool. He is still upset his IU Hoosiers are not playing UK.

Catonahottinroof
11-04-2012, 06:09 AM
I don't put a great deal of stock in Bozich because he can be a tool. It's hard to argue with his assertions here however. The 3 schools he's listed have passed UK from a football standpoint. Not just in success, but in growth, planning and funding. MB is hamstrung by bonding issues, but that doesn't prevent corporate help which has been non existent at UK compared to the school down the road.

Catfan73
11-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Two things that don't go together--Rick Bozich and media member. The guy was horrible at the C-J; WDRB is probably the last stop before he's relegated to reporting about high school football and basketball.

blueboss
11-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Good to see people put their faith in the opinion of Bozich. NOW he makes sense to posters.

Barnhart has been an outstanding AD. The hire of Gillispie and Joker have failed. Most others have been very good.

Bozich has been critical of Calipari. Just seems ridiculous to see people pick and s.choose the Rick Bozich opinion

I don't anyone that is not a ewvale fan to take Bozich seriously