PDA

View Full Version : Hoverboard/two-wheeled self-balancing thing

Darrell KSR
09-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Have one?
Seen these?

My office is 2.5 miles away, in my neighborhood. Bought a bike to ride--haven't rode it yet. Worried about getting all sweaty, and no shower at the office, unfortunately.

Looking at this. Probably still get sweaty, assuming I survive the trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaroWOVZvjk

Doc
09-10-2015, 10:41 AM
I actually saw one this weekend up at the outlet mall in Orlando. Some guy (shopper) was scooting around on one. Its sort of a handleless segway

Doc
09-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Ebay has them for $170. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/311428653407?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82) My be worth it just for fun. Never to early to do my Xmas shopping.

Darrell KSR
09-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Ebay has them for $170. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/311428653407?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82) My be worth it just for fun. Never to early to do my Xmas shopping.

$340 with the $170 shipping. But still reasonable.

I'm seriously thinking about it myself.

Doc
09-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Dang, I didn't notice the shipping. There are numerous ones on ebay

Doc
09-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Its interesting that the ones selling for $300.00 have free shipping, the ones selling for $200.00 have $100.00 shipping and the ones for $150.00 have a $150.00 shipping fee. Then there was the one selling for $1.00. Guess what its shipping fee was. Yep, $300.00

Darrell KSR
09-10-2015, 02:10 PM
lol.

I can appreciate some of them increasing the shipping fee some--I understand eBay charges a percentage of the sales price, but not the shipping. However, that's just fraudulent when they sell the item for $1, and have $300 shipping. So is $170 and $170 shipping.

You want to charge the actual shipping charge (I dunno, $25 or whatever) and add a $25 handling fee? Fine. That's being a little piggy, and that's ok. But some of these are downright hoggy.

KentuckyWildcat
09-10-2015, 08:35 PM
lol.

I can appreciate some of them increasing the shipping fee some--I understand eBay charges a percentage of the sales price, but not the shipping. However, that's just fraudulent when they sell the item for $1, and have $300 shipping. So is $170 and $170 shipping.

You want to charge the actual shipping charge (I dunno, $25 or whatever) and add a $25 handling fee? Fine. That's being a little piggy, and that's ok. But some of these are downright hoggy.

I thought that shipping loop hole was supposed to have been closed?

Darrell KSR
09-11-2015, 12:49 PM
It's a violation of their rules to charge excessive shipping, but it happens regularly.

MickintheHam
09-12-2015, 01:02 AM
lol.

Some states, including Alabama, do not charge sales tax on shipping if separately stated. I believe that may influence what you are seeing. About 30 states including Kentucky charge tax regardless.

Darrell KSR
09-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Some states, including Alabama, do not charge sales tax on shipping if separately stated. I believe that may influence what you are seeing. About 30 states including Kentucky charge tax regardless.

That could be.

Somebody told me that they thought people artificially inflated the sales price to "catch" unsuspecting victims, too. If you don't pay attention when you click, "Buy Now," you've doubled what you thought you were paying if you failed to see the inflated shipping charges listed.

Darrell KSR
09-12-2015, 09:20 AM
I thought that shipping loop hole was supposed to have been closed?

Ohhhhh....I see what you're saying. Does eBay charge a fee on both the sales price and shipping charges now?

I haven't kept up. Maybe it is for the exact reason that Mick suggests that the item is listed as it is. I was still thinking it was to avoid some eBay fees, but perhaps not.

Sorry, I'm slow sometimes to pick up on things.

KentuckyWildcat
09-12-2015, 11:04 AM
Ohhhhh....I see what you're saying. Does eBay charge a fee on both the sales price and shipping charges now?

I haven't kept up. Maybe it is for the exact reason that Mick suggests that the item is listed as it is. I was still thinking it was to avoid some eBay fees, but perhaps not.

I don't buy from eBay so I'm far from up to date myself. But I do know they were addressing the issue a while back. I want to guess within the last 6 months to a year. I'm not sure what the solution (if any) was.

PedroDaGr8
09-13-2015, 07:51 AM

Yes, eBay fee are now charged on the total price inclusive of shipping.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk