PDA

View Full Version : Last time I ask this year :)

CGWildcat
08-24-2015, 04:13 PM
After hiring and firing two web designers, I found my lucky charm in Colorado. She was recommended by a couple other pro photographers and her work, feedback and interaction have been nothing short of amazing. (I knew we'd get along when part of her web address includes the words....getsshitdone.com :)

I'd appreciate any feedback here that anyone wants to offer. Especially from different platforms, OS, mobile phones, ipad, etc.....http://bluevinesphotography.com/Couple links are still being worked, TOS and Privacy, but for most part I'm up and running again.

Thanks
Roger

MickintheHam
08-24-2015, 09:49 PM
After hiring and firing two web designers, I found my lucky charm in Colorado. She was recommended by a couple other pro photographers and her work, feedback and interaction have been nothing short of amazing. (I knew we'd get along when part of her web address includes the words....getsshitdone.com :)

I'd appreciate any feedback here that anyone wants to offer. Especially from different platforms, OS, mobile phones, ipad, etc.....http://bluevinesphotography.com/Couple links are still being worked, TOS and Privacy, but for most part I'm up and running again.

Thanks
Roger
Coastie, Im the man to help you but first I need a few personal snapshots of the web designer. I can handle anything from any platform she has. If not I can provide one.

UKFlounder
08-25-2015, 10:09 AM
Looks good from Chrome on IPad

CGWildcat
08-25-2015, 06:55 PM
Coastie, Im the man to help you but first I need a few personal snapshots of the web designer. I can handle anything from any platform she has. If not I can provide one.

Let me check with her hubby. :) She photographs a bunch of male models and is regularly kicked off Facebook for a few days for showing a bit too much skin at times.
jenswedhinphotography.com (https://jenswedhinphotography.com)

MickintheHam
08-27-2015, 01:20 PM
I could be one of her senior male models.

PedroDaGr8
08-27-2015, 01:58 PM
My things of note on my LG G3 (has a quad HD display). Most of the issues seem to be related to the high resolution (high dpi) display. Tested in Google Chrome for Android and Firefox for Android.

Things of note:
1) The buttons to select the category are very small for my fat fingers.
2)The pictures show the compression artifacts pretty heavily making them look blocky and unclear. For example, your portrait, the compression makes it look like you have something black on your front teeth (going to be really embarassed if you actually do:sHa_dielaughing:)
3)Under the portfolio section, I can click on the images for Portraits and Fine Art and it will take me to the respective category, this is not true for Winery. I have to click on the name winery.
4) The galleries don't load. I keep getting a Gallery could not load error. In fact I see that error on multiple places on the site.

CGWildcat
08-27-2015, 02:48 PM
Excellent stuff Pedro! Thank you. I'm composing an email to my designer now and I'll add your notes.

Mick, I'll find a pic of you somewhere and ask if she's interested :)

My things of note on my LG G3 (has a quad HD display). Most of the issues seem to be related to the high resolution (high dpi) display. Tested in Google Chrome for Android and Firefox for Android.

Things of note:
1) The buttons to select the category are very small for my fat fingers.
2)The pictures show the compression artifacts pretty heavily making them look blocky and unclear. For example, your portrait, the compression makes it look like you have something black on your front teeth (going to be really embarassed if you actually do:sHa_dielaughing:)
3)Under the portfolio section, I can click on the images for Portraits and Fine Art and it will take me to the respective category, this is not true for Winery. I have to click on the name winery.
4) The galleries don't load. I keep getting a Gallery could not load error. In fact I see that error on multiple places on the site.

PedroDaGr8
08-27-2015, 02:50 PM
Excellent stuff Pedro! Thank you. I'm composing an email to my designer now and I'll add your notes.

Mick, I'll find a pic of you somewhere and ask if she's interested :)
If she needs my input, assistance or to beta test anything, she can shoot me an email. Same username at Gmail.