PDA

View Full Version : I ran so far tonight I ran back in time.

Darrell KSR
08-20-2015, 09:06 PM
Back to the days when two digits were plenty for a gallon of gas.

Couldn't get the guy to help me, though. He kept ignoring me.

So I decided to hop back in the sweet ride he had parked outside. No harm there.

CitizenBBN
08-20-2015, 09:54 PM
I'm so confused.

badrose
08-20-2015, 10:11 PM
?????????

Darrell KSR
08-20-2015, 10:21 PM
Oh, man...I was trying to act like Mike Sullivan's book or something.

While I was running tonight, I ran across an old timey gas station--the pump only had two digits on it, like when gas was $0.29 a gallon. Had a gas station attendant (mannequin) in the background, behind the window. And had a "horseless carriage" behind me.

I was just goofing off, took some bad pics with my camera phone, and posted them after I finished running. Sorry for the confusion; thought I was being clever. Usually when that happens--I'm not lol.

blueboss
08-21-2015, 03:02 AM
That's funny, Mrs boss always tells me "when you think you're being clever things get weird"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PedroDaGr8
08-21-2015, 05:20 AM

While I was running tonight, I ran across an old timey gas station--the pump only had two digits on it, like when gas was $0.29 a gallon. Had a gas station attendant (mannequin) in the background, behind the window. And had a "horseless carriage" behind me.

I was just goofing off, took some bad pics with my camera phone, and posted them after I finished running. Sorry for the confusion; thought I was being clever. Usually when that happens--I'm not lol.
This would have maybe worked if the pics weren't thumbnails. Can't see anything in the pics, that's why it flopped.:p

Darrell KSR
08-21-2015, 07:12 AM
This would have maybe worked if the pics weren't thumbnails. Can't see anything in the pics, that's why it flopped.:p

in retrospect... You're not missing anything ;)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
08-21-2015, 09:40 PM

I think you were being clever, I got the tongue in cheek, I just was lost as to where you went that had that stuff, and how you could get there on foot. There's really a place near you that has that old style pump and such?

Darrell KSR
08-21-2015, 11:26 PM
Oh, yeah. My daughter is in a play and she's rehearsing in Trussville, which is about 25 miles from my house. The old timey pump, etc. is right there off Main Street, which is on the route I ran last night (I do my old man run for about 90 minutes of the 4 hour rehearsal to kill time). I thought it was pretty cool, and needed a break anyway. Next week I may make that the early part of my route when it's still daylight and get better pics. You know, ones without me in it. ;)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk