PDA

View Full Version : High Power 4-port (2.4A per port) Car Charger $8.99 @ Amazon

PedroDaGr8
08-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Just a heads up if you are part of a family that needs to charge a lot of devices in the car. As I said in the title, this is a HIGH-POWER USB charger, capable of charging all 4 ports at 2.4A per port simultaneously. The body is plastic, as necessary and according to some reviewers, the front face is aluminum. It has a great review rating 95% 5 stars. With many complimenting the charging speed and the build quality.

It also has circuitry to adjust the charging rates according to the device. So it can charge 0.5A, 0.75A, 1A, 1.8A, 2.1A and 2.4A devices.

Currently, the price is $12.99 but use coupon TPLS4OOF to take $4 off, bringing the cost down to $8.99. With most things Amazon, if you have prime, then you get free prime shipping as well. I just ordered one for myself so I will let you know how it goes. There is no telling when this coupon will end (or the price will rise) so if you want one, it might be a good idea to get one now.

EDIT: There is a bit of discrepency about the warranty. The image clearly says Lifetime Warranty, while the text of the item says 2 year Worry-Free Warranty

EDIT 2: A damn link (http://www.amazon.com/Toplus-Intelligent-Identification-Technology-Smartphones/dp/B00VDRCHIW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440006241&sr=8-1&keywords=toplus+9.6a)helps:banghead:

badrose
08-19-2015, 10:11 AM
Got it. Worth a shot at that price. Thanks for the heads up!

Darrell KSR
08-19-2015, 11:02 AM
That's a great price.

I have a similar one from Aukey, 4.7/5.0 reviews from Amazon from 739 reviews. But it's $14.99 on sale. $8.99 is a steal.

http://www.amazon.com/Aukey-Charger-AIPower-Technology-Motorola/dp/B00LJK4HE0

Doc
08-19-2015, 11:31 AM
As for the warranty, its good for the lifetime of the product which is 2 years.

PedroDaGr8
08-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Added a link which I initially forgot to add. I am impressed you took the time to still find it. I have sent an email to the seller asking about the warranty. My guess is two years, not lifetime. This particular model is sold under a variety of brand names so maybe some have a lifetime warranty.

KSRdallen
08-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Now $12.99. Is there a code or something?

badrose
08-19-2015, 03:57 PM
TPLS4OOF

Use it as a coupon

KSRdallen
08-19-2015, 04:03 PM
TPLS4OOF

Thanks. Sorry, I just saw this in Pedro's post above.

PedroDaGr8
08-21-2015, 03:17 PM
I received my charger today and I have to say it feels very nicely built. I am not 100% convinced that the front part is aluminum or not but it still feels VERY solid. One of the my FAVORITE things is that the power LED appears to be VERY subdued. This should make night driving much easier than wkith my old charger which was white with a bright blue LED in it (couldn't tape it up because the blue radiated through the whole body of the device). It fit's REALLY securely in the outlet and is actually a bit smaller than I expected. It fits perfectly in my 2004 CR-V (which has a pullout cup-holder RIGHT next to the outlet). I don't have enough devices to fully load it so I can't test that it can put out 9.6A simultaneously, yet. As someone who has purchased most of his chargers as Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross, for $15+ it is well worth it and at its current price it is a STEAL. You won't get near this value from B&M shops.

KSRdallen
08-21-2015, 04:45 PM
I received my charger today and I have to say it feels very nicely built. I am not 100% convinced that the front part is aluminum or not but it still feels VERY solid. One of the my FAVORITE things is that the power LED appears to be VERY subdued. This should make night driving much easier than wkith my old charger which was white with a bright blue LED in it (couldn't tape it up because the blue radiated through the whole body of the device). It fit's REALLY securely in the outlet and is actually a bit smaller than I expected. It fits perfectly in my 2004 CR-V (which has a pullout cup-holder RIGHT next to the outlet). I don't have enough devices to fully load it so I can't test that it can put out 9.6A simultaneously, yet. As someone who has purchased most of his chargers as Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross, for $15+ it is well worth it and at its current price it is a STEAL. You won't get near this value from B&M shops.

Received mine today as well. Agree with Pedro across the board. I'm very pleased with the purchase!

PedroDaGr8
08-21-2015, 09:08 PM
Did a bit of driving tonight and I was correct. Without a USB cable plugged into the port, it is a bit bright, not glaringly so but there.
[http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/21/8d24c9f709b5580918d6b7a6763b3ae9.jpg
With a USB cable plugged in, it's just a very tiny little dim dot of light. Perfect for night driving.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/21/8cb1893a2d297885f32712e5f58719ad.jpg

PedroDaGr8
09-11-2015, 07:58 AM
A quick update, my mom got one, on my recommendation for her car. On the way down to Charleston for the labor day holiday, she charged an iPad, an iPad mini and an iPhone all at the same time and all at full-speed charging. She said it was quite fast compared to her other multiport chargers.