PDA

View Full Version : Active shooter situation in Nashville (Antioch) Theater

Darrell KSR
08-05-2015, 02:05 PM
God bless.

http://www.lex18.com/story/29717622/active-shooter-reported-at-nashville-theater

Doc
08-05-2015, 02:30 PM
copycats

Darrell KSR
08-05-2015, 02:31 PM
Preliminary report is police killed the shooter, who did not kill, or even injure, anyone else.

I pray that's the case.

suncat05
08-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Oh for crying out loud! Not again?

If this stuff keeps happening, those idiots in Congress will fold like pup tents in a tornado and I can promise you guys the legislation they pass will do more harm than good.........as in harming those of us who would never consider doing anything like this.

Doc
08-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Suicide by cop?

Darrell KSR
08-05-2015, 02:41 PM
I dunno. Active shooter, South precinct cop swiftly reported, engaged shooter, was shot at, returned fire, and then exited. Swat team arrived, gunfire exchanged, and shooter dead.

Had two backpacks with him they are checking out now.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
08-05-2015, 02:43 PM
My daughter lives nearby (edit - not as close as I thought, about 15 miles sourh). She's probably sleeping, as she generally works overnight so unlikely she'd be in the theater anyway, which is not in the town she lives in either, just both south of Nashville. Just glad Vanderbilt hospital received no victims, which is the hospital that would get any casualties.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
08-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Shooter unleased pepper spray through the theater before shooting. Had a hatchet, and a male received a "superficial" wound from the hatchet. Three people close to him, including the male and two females, were treated for pepper spray.

The shooter's two backpacks (he was wearing one) have been detonated by the police (as a precaution?) Unsure.

He was wearing a surgical mask when he started. I assume he put that on after he arrived in the dark theater, but I dunno, if a guy comes in with two backpacks, I start to ask questions right away.

Netflix ought to be getting a boom in business.

Darrell KSR
08-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Well, my daughter tells me that almost all of Antioch is "sketchy," and that there's a lot of crime there. I didn't know that.

But to the point, the guy had been committed to a mental institution four times already, and did not have a "gun," but had a "pellet gun" and a hatchet.

CitizenBBN
08-05-2015, 09:51 PM
looking like either bat crap crazy or suicide by cop with a lot of drama. They're saying there was some fake bomb type thing in the backpack, so he seems to have gone to some effort to pretend to be an attacker, then clearly let himself get shot b/c he could have surrendered.

Darrell KSR
08-05-2015, 09:58 PM
I think you guys are right that it was suicide by cop. Decided to not really hurt anybody, but had every ability to do so, and even moreso, gave every appearance of being an extremely dangerous threat to many.

Doc
08-06-2015, 06:17 AM
You got a gun in a theater and mange NOT to kill anybody? I don't care how fast the police response time is or even if by chance there is some "law abiding" citizen who happen to have a gun with him sitting in the theater, odds are that crazy person with a gun is going to kill somebody if that was their goal.

ukcatlvr
08-06-2015, 07:51 AM
Well, my daughter tells me thatalmost all of Antioch is "sketchy," and that there's a lot of crime there. I didn't know that.

But to the point, the guy had been committed to a mental institution four times already, and did not have a "gun," but had a "pellet gun" and a hatchet.

Yep, a lot of people here refer to it as "Little Mexico". 20+ years back it was a real nice area. It's one area to have a CCP especially at night.

CitizenBBN
08-06-2015, 10:28 AM
You got a gun in a theater and mange NOT to kill anybody? I don't care how fast the police response time is or even if by chance there is some "law abiding" citizen who happen to have a gun with him sitting in the theater, odds are that crazy person with a gun is going to kill somebody if that was their goal.

It was an airsoft gun, not a real one, so he never intended to hurt anyone seriously, just get hurt.

Doc
08-06-2015, 12:19 PM
It was an airsoft gun, not a real one, so he never intended to hurt anyone seriously, just get hurt.

Yes, exactly what I was saying. He never intended to hurt anybody. If his intent was to harm anybody, he would have.

dan_bgblue
08-06-2015, 12:25 PM
His brains were scrambled. I have no idea what his intent was. If his intent was to commit suicide by LEO, then it worked, but if not, well it did not work worth a damn.

KeithKSR
08-10-2015, 06:00 AM

This event got little media coverage. I gotta think that this guy may have been denied a weapon by the NICS system.

Darrell KSR
08-10-2015, 09:35 PM
This event got little media coverage. I gotta think that this guy may have been denied a weapon by the NICS system.

probably.