PDA

View Full Version : The ten GOP candidates that made the cut for first GOP debate

Darrell KSR
08-04-2015, 05:13 PM
The ten candidates who made the cut, according to an announcement on Tuesday afternoon, are (in order of their polling average) businessman Donald Trump, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, and Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

The candidates in the second-tier debate will be former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, former New York Gov. George Pataki, and former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fox-news-announces-participants-in-first-2016-gop-debate/

Doc
08-04-2015, 05:33 PM
I didn't make the cut?

As of right now, pre-debates, my leanings are

Marco Rubio
Scott Walker
Ben Carson
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Mike Huckabee
Rand Paul

suncat05
08-04-2015, 06:25 PM
I am pretty much in agreement with Doc on his first two choices. I do wish Carly Fiorina & Rick Perry had made the first cut though.
I do not, however, have much hope that much meaningful dialogue will happen with Trump on the stage. I think this may turn into a bloodbath once some of the candidates start attacking Trump. JMO.

dan_bgblue
08-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Kasich would get my vote today, but there is a lot for me to learn about all of them.

bigsky
08-04-2015, 06:54 PM
I cheer just about every time I hear Carly talk.

CitizenBBN
08-04-2015, 08:08 PM
Disappointed Fiona didn't make the cut.

Going to be interesting with a 10 person debate. I find more than 2 distracting, this ought to be quite a show.

KeithKSR
08-04-2015, 09:19 PM
I cheer just about every time I hear Carly talk.

She is the anti-Hillary candidate.