PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to remove a cut/fresh scar from someone's face in a photo?

Darrell KSR
11-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Young lady had a run-in with a tennis racket and has an unsightly cut above her lip. Getting a 5x7 black and white print of her photo, but would like to remove the cut.

I don't think it's hard if you know what you are doing and have any software--which I don't--my editing skills are rudimentary, using Paint to put in the names of the actors and their characters, and that's it.

Any online tool that can do it easily? I really need to just match the skin color and blur out the scar that runs from her lip to just under her nose.]

HELP!

Darrell KSR
11-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Eureka!

Found pixlr online, with an easy "clone" feature that worked. My panic is over (for now).

CitizenBBN
11-02-2012, 03:46 PM
You're way ahead of me. I have very limited luck with photo editing.

blueboss
11-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Seems like a Badrose question.

badrose
11-05-2012, 08:35 AM
I use Picassa for that kind of editing. It allows you to select exactly what you want to fix and replace it with another section of skin that is untainted. It's very user friendly and also allows straightening, lighting adjustment, color saturation or less color, contrast, fixes red eye, and a lot of other creative editing. I have other editing programs but I use it the most and its free.

Darrell KSR
11-05-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm not going to post the child's picture online, even without her name, but it is amazing how easy that was. Just clicked a dot above where the scar started, and it picked up the exact color there, and just sorta wiped away the scar. It went all the way to her lip, so I picked up a little of her lip, and brushed the very top of it. Probably took 30 seconds, if that. I know there are much more extensive things that can be done, but I'm thankful that this was so easy and elementary that even I could do it.

Had a VERY happy young child as well as her Mom and Dad.