PDA

View Full Version : Terrible tragedy--UA Theatre/Performing arts student killed in pyrotechnic explosion

Darrell KSR
08-01-2015, 11:12 PM
I don't know her, but the group of community theatre folks around these parts are pretty small.

21-year old Peyton Trueblood of Tuscaloosa died when she was taking inventory around a storage facility at Palo Duro Canyon State Park. Their amphitheatre was hosting the musical, "Texas," and Trueblood was assistant stage manager. The explosion that occurred was in two storage facilities, both of which held fireworks, which are used in the show.

http://www.connectamarillo.com/news/story.aspx?id=1238180#.Vb2YUPm8rJE

CitizenBBN
08-03-2015, 09:15 AM
Seems odd to have a non fireworks person in a room of fireworks doing inventory or whatever.

PedroDaGr8
08-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Seems odd to have a non fireworks person in a room of fireworks doing inventory or whatever.
More than a bit odd. Sounds like an OSHA violation to me. And if they didn't mind sending a non-trained person in there, what else had they not done correctly. Clearly something went very wrong, I expect a thorough investigation on this from OSHA and would be very surprised if some fines aren't handed down.

Darrell KSR
08-04-2015, 11:01 AM
I am hoping that this is a story that gets researched and reported on. There are many strange elements.

She was fireworks-certified, whatever that means.