PDA

View Full Version : Love Him Or Hate Him, Matt Jones Is The Best UK "Insider" There Is

Darryl
08-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Darryl

Hoss
08-01-2015, 10:34 AM
you may be right...:confused0024:

anderwt
08-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Amazing this stayed under wraps....

badrose
08-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Sort of our version of Hyman Roth.

Carolinawildcats
08-01-2015, 10:55 AM
I have told this story before, but love repeating myself ;) I had lunch with Matt a couple of times during and right after he was in Law school down here at Duke. Back then, I was traveling nearly every weekend following recruiting. I hooked Matt up with a couple of local contacts down here. The one thing I remember most about Matt was his confidence. You can call it arrogance if you want, but say what you want, the dude could take a small story and make it huge. The one thing you can't say is that he is not well connected. Some insiders love him, some hate him. My buddy with the Washington post loves him, but many here locally in NC can't stand him. I hope to retire in a few years and start hitting the recruiting trail again like a use to. Matt is a guy I want in my corner when I do so.....love him or hate him, he is one of "our" best!!!

Peace

Richard (CW)

GhettoBird
08-01-2015, 10:58 AM
I'm convinced he and Cal talk regularly, whenever Cal needs something out there, whether to temper and take on the haters, or to calm the BBN Matt always does it. Jmo of course.

Darrell KSR
08-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Right. And if he's telling the truth, he's reliable.

dtalbersjr
08-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Often give good info, has a radio show that entertains me at work, and (most importantly to me), never misses a chance to publicly humiliate UofL.

Good enough for me.

ShoesSwayedBlue
08-01-2015, 01:15 PM
I love the U of L fans hate him so much and that he has such a huge presence in their city. He is an arrogant, goofy, basketball centric opportunist but he definitely knows some stuff. But only what Cal wants him to know.

UKRxman93
08-01-2015, 01:18 PM
I really don't care for his arrogance, smugness, and condescension. He is never WRONG about any topic. He very well appears to be plugged in at this time at least in terms of recruiting. I sometimes listen to his show, but I don't take everything he says as GOSPEL.

dan_bgblue
08-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Right. And if he's telling the truth, he's generally reliable.

Fixed

StuBleedsBlue2
08-01-2015, 01:38 PM
I'm a huge fan of his and have been for a long time. He's worked really hard to create a brand that's only good for UK sports. There's nobody else like him, in terms of being aligned with a university sports team. There's a reason why he's trusted and has become that top insider.

If he keeps scoring the ratings that he gets, he's going to get paid like Cal too. Considering it all really started with a blog is pretty remarkable.

GhettoBird
08-01-2015, 01:48 PM
When he is definitive one way or the other I always pay attention, when he is wishy washy likely means Cal or the staff have not told him yet. Seriously, I think Cal has him on retainer.

ShoesSwayedBlue
08-01-2015, 02:02 PM
When he is definitive one way or the other I always pay attention, when he is wishy washy likely means Cal or the staff have not told him yet. Seriously, I think Cal has him on retainer.

More like on a leash.

GhettoBird
08-01-2015, 02:05 PM
:
More like on a leash.

:lmao: I like it. I agree, but I do believe Cal is his puppet master.

jazyd
08-01-2015, 02:11 PM
I'm convinced he and Cal talk regularly, whenever Cal needs something out there, whether to temper and take on the haters, or to calm the BBN Matt always does it. Jmo of course.

Not from what I understand on the talking part. From what I was told Cal can't stand him. And I will take Larry V over Matt Jones every day of the week because Larry actually investigates before he runs his mouth unlike Jones

dan_bgblue
08-01-2015, 02:12 PM
:

:lmao: I like it. I agree, but I do believe Cal is his puppet master.

There is a good reason he is basically on UK's payroll with his minor gig on the game time radio shows. That gives Coach and the U a good bit of control over what is said and when.

bigsky
08-01-2015, 02:21 PM
I'm a huge fan of his and have been for a long time. He's worked really hard to create a brand that's only good for UK sports. There's nobody else like him, in terms of being aligned with a university sports team. There's a reason why he's trusted and has become that top insider. If he keeps scoring the ratings that he gets, he's going to get paid like Cal too. Considering it all really started with a blog is pretty remarkable. It all REALLY started here on one of the versions of this site with these people. his "KSR" and THIS "KSR" dontcha know?

ShoesSwayedBlue
08-01-2015, 02:25 PM
It all REALLY started here on one of the versions of this site with these people. his "KSR" and THIS "KSR" dontcha know?

Yep, he made his bones swiping info from the folks here or at the prior site [actually the one before that]. Not me, I'm clueless, but the guys who actually know stuff. He was still swiping info a few years ago. Just because he doesn't really have to now doesn't mean he's connected per se. He knows what he's been let to know.

bigsky
08-01-2015, 02:29 PM
I never forget.

Terry Blue
08-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Matt Jones personifies the Win at all costs, end justifies the means mantra. If yor,re an admirer of this type of ethical behavior then you ll like Matt Jones

Krank
08-01-2015, 03:15 PM
If he keeps scoring the ratings that he gets, he's going to get paid like Cal too.

Stu, what makes you think, in ANY Universe anywhere for any reason, that a local sports talk radio guy would EVER make the sort of money that Coach Calipari makes?

Don't get me wrong, he's probably getting REALLY good money NOW, but Coach is in a different stratosphere. JMO.

jazyd
08-01-2015, 03:31 PM
I'm a huge fan of his and have been for a long time. He's worked really hard to create a brand that's only good for UK sports. There's nobody else like him, in terms of being aligned with a university sports team. There's a reason why he's trusted and has become that top insider.

If he keeps scoring the ratings that he gets, he's going to get paid like Cal too. Considering it all really started with a blog is pretty remarkable.

There is people like him at every school all over the country, he is no different than any other hustler. And he won't ever make what Cal makes
Started with a blog???? he started by stealing information and using it as his own and screwing those who started this sight.
You really need to get facts straight.

Terry Blue
08-01-2015, 04:18 PM
He definitely has found his way to the top of the inner core of UK athletics. Only one in his strata is Tom Leach. But again look at my above post. I just can't respect the way he's gotten there. Even he said today that he regrets some of his behavior at the beginning of his rise. Some of those same people that he hurt on the way up, he'll see on his way down

StuBleedsBlue2
08-01-2015, 05:03 PM
It all REALLY started here on one of the versions of this site with these people. his "KSR" and THIS "KSR" dontcha know?

Of course I know, I was there too.

Still, no denying his accomplishments, and I'm sure his bank account will reflect that for years to come.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Stu, what makes you think, in ANY Universe anywhere for any reason, that a local sports talk radio guy would EVER make the sort of money that Coach Calipari makes?

Don't get me wrong, he's probably getting REALLY good money NOW, but Coach is in a different stratosphere. JMO.

Advertising. His show gets Howard Stern type ratings, and while it's just regional today, he has dreams of going national. Now, I'm not saying that he's going to reach a Stern, Limbaugh, Beck type level, but there's significant dollars being earned in radio.

Howard Stern is wrapping up his 2nd 5yr/$500 million contract and can easily get a third one, and he's on satellite radio. It's all based on advertising reach. I'm in the digital advertising industry and the sums of advertising dollars being committed to the digital landscape is insane, and Jones has a very popular website and is ahead of the curve in that area too.

I don't think it's out of the question to think that he could be making millions per year very soon, if he's not already.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-01-2015, 05:15 PM
There is people like him at every school all over the country, he is no different than any other hustler. And he won't ever make what Cal makes
Started with a blog???? he started by stealing information and using it as his own and screwing those who started this sight.
You really need to get facts straight.

There's nobody at any school that does what he does with the reach that he has. With the type of traffic that his website has, advertising dollars are at a premium. With the share that his radio program has, same thing.

I'm not saying that he's making what Cal is making today, but he's certainly positioned himself well to exceed what Cal makes.

What facts do I have wrong? Did he not start a blog? I made no mention of how he got his content.

elicat
08-01-2015, 05:44 PM
He must love to come lurking around here and see this type of post and discussion.

I'll give him credit for one thing, though. That one post he made toward the end of his time among us where he blew up on Duke and K with things he had observed when he was in law school... that was priceless. I copied and pasted it into a document to keep, but now of course I can't find it.

Krank
08-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Advertising. His show gets Howard Stern type ratings, and while it's just regional today, he has dreams of going national. Now, I'm not saying that he's going to reach a Stern, Limbaugh, Beck type level, but there's significant dollars being earned in radio.

Howard Stern is wrapping up his 2nd 5yr/$500 million contract and can easily get a third one, and he's on satellite radio. It's all based on advertising reach. I'm in the digital advertising industry and the sums of advertising dollars being committed to the digital landscape is insane, and Jones has a very popular website and is ahead of the curve in that area too.

I don't think it's out of the question to think that he could be making millions per year very soon, if he's not already.

I defer to your knowledge of what he might be making locally, but was not getting that you were getting at a national gig, but that only reflects how little I pay attention to him. Hear his radio show, bits and pieces, before some games, but only if I am out in the car getting groceries or something, lol, so it's funny to me how big something can be without me having the first clue JUST how big it has become.

Interesting thoughts. Thanks.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-02-2015, 12:12 AM
[b]I defer to your knowledge of what he might be making locally[b], but was not getting that you were getting at a national gig, but that only reflects how little I pay attention to him. Hear his radio show, bits and pieces, before some games, but only if I am out in the car getting groceries or something, lol, so it's funny to me how big something can be without me having the first clue JUST how big it has become.

Interesting thoughts. Thanks.

He just signed a 3 year deal with IHeart Radio, owned by Clear Channel communications, so that's on top of what he's making locally. He's on the cusp of making it really big. His dabbles into politics doesn't hurt him either. He's a student of success, so those that want to begrudge him for things that happened in the past should take comfort in that he's always surrounded himself with the best to advance himself.

Moving on to other thoughts...

If all of us on this board were trying to compete with where he was going, I could understand the animosity. However, he took it way beyond any intent that we've all stuck around for this community discussion has provided.

Isn't that the capitalistic way?

For those that still want to hold the grudge for an opportunistic 20-something who may have shared some inside info or maybe might have been an A-hole on his path, the first thing I say is who wasn't an A-hole in their 20's? Second, this isn't the music industry where people can take you to court for hearing something and making something of it too.

However, on that note, is that a battle to fight today, given the value that he's adding to the BBN?

kingcat
08-02-2015, 12:29 AM
He adds nothing to me and I could care less how he is doing professionally. Never listen to the young man, who i consider a notch below Rick Pitino in the ethics department.
But at least Rick brought us a title and some FF's.

But if getting a heads up on a potential recruit once in a blue moon turns one's crank, more power to ya'. I do wish him good health.

I believe our old moderator board from when Mags was brought in as a mod still exists.
Yet..

https://gensheer.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/high-road.jpg

StuBleedsBlue2
08-02-2015, 12:37 AM
He adds nothing to me and I could care less how he is doing professionally. Never listen to the young man who i consider a notch below Rick Pitino in the ethics department

I believe our old moderator board from when Mags was brought in as a mod still exists.
Yet..

I'm interested in your notches. Can you please describe them? and not in the belt form.

kingcat
08-02-2015, 12:47 AM
I'm interested in your notches. Can you please describe them? and not in the belt form.

Like I alluded to above, I'd rather take the high road. I've probably already said more than we should.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-02-2015, 12:56 AM
Like I alluded to above, I'd rather take the high road. I've probably already said more than we should.

Which high road are you taking?

I haven't seen you comment on this thread. The "Matt Jones topic" seems to stir up a lot of emotions. We're all adults here, just spill it.

I'm on record as saying that we're all doing find regardless of what he may have done. However, I still feel like a lot of people want to carry grudges. I'm cool with that too(which is another conversation), but I don't think any of us should discount the value he adds to information and promotion to the BBN.

kingcat
08-02-2015, 01:15 AM
Good try :winking0011:, and no offense but I have made my only comment to this thread.

But again I'll say, he adds little to nothing toward my BBN experience. I don't follow the guy any more than I follow Tipton.
And Tippy has some decent stuff at times I'm sure.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-02-2015, 01:33 AM
Good try :winking0011:, and no offense but I have made my only comment to this thread.

But again I'll say, he adds little to nothing toward my BBN experience. I don't follow the guy any more than I follow Tipton.
And Tippy has some decent stuff at times I'm sure.

OK...

He doesn't add to your BBN experience. I can live with that. So does he land some where between Tipton and Pitino on some leve? On what standards? Just trying to get a gauge.

Personally, the two of them are in the sewers of adding to the BBN experience these days. I would certainly hope that one of the biggest figures in the BBN would rank a little higher for you.

kingcat
08-02-2015, 01:48 AM
OK...

He doesn't add to your BBN experience. I can live with that. So does he land some where between Tipton and Pitino on some leve? On what standards? Just trying to get a gauge.

Personally, the two of them are in the sewers of adding to the BBN experience these days. I would certainly hope that one of the biggest figures in the BBN would rank a little higher for you.

Team loyalty is of little consequence. And i hate to dash anyone's hopes.

Are you really Matt in digital disguise? :sign0068:

Seriously, you guys go ahead with your conversation and don't mind me..
Mister Sandman is calling.

MickintheHam
08-02-2015, 06:36 AM
It's not like he is going up against a field of candidates like the Republican Party. Of course now that he is dabbling in Politics down at Fancy Farm he may be ready to move to a grander stage.

Padukacat
08-02-2015, 08:06 AM
when I feel like I am in need of excess information regarding UK basketball I will listen to matts show as my overflow of information. I do find the show entertaining at times, but I really do loathe how matt treats some callers in an unkind way. He is the typical arrogant A-hole in his demeanor and if he cant hide it on the radio I can only imagine he is much worse in person. It does make for good radio at times and I love that we have him just for the sake of making the Louisville fans mad, but yeah...matts an a-hole whether you like him or not. I'd rather have him than not have him for the simple fact that he provides an extra avenue of information about uk sports, which I love.

Doc
08-02-2015, 09:01 AM

Some folks have a hard time with folks who steal. Lots of types of theft, sometimes it property and sometimes it reputation. I can understand people having a problem with that. Some people worked very hard to establish the reputation of "KSR" and for somebody else to KNOWING AND INTENTIONALLY steal it and make it theirs sort of sucks.

Genuine Realist
08-02-2015, 11:05 AM
I've never understood the dislike. Enjoyed the show from the start. Matt Jones was always personable and colorful, and did his thing with a light touch.

Although I pay for premium information, it's half life is all of about 15 minutes, anyway - and almost from the start, people were reposting stuff Jones has said.

Jones' thwacking of Thamel and others in the national press would compensate for his sins many times over.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-02-2015, 03:16 PM
Some folks have a hard time with folks who steal. Lots of types of theft, sometimes it property and sometimes it reputation. I can understand people having a problem with that. Some people worked very hard to establish the reputation of "KSR" and for somebody else to KNOWING AND INTENTIONALLY steal it and make it theirs sort of sucks.

It's not stealing if you pay for it.

Doc
08-02-2015, 04:52 PM
It's not stealing if you pay for it.

he didn't buy the name KSR, or their reputation.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-02-2015, 06:36 PM
he didn't buy the name KSR, or their reputation.

Is that what it's all about, an acronym?

I guess I'm misunderstanding what the issue is. I don't think that he created his KSR to compete with this KSR. I've always felt that this KSR was set up to be an exclusive, respectful place for reasonable, passionate fans to discuss matters of UK. That is the exact opposite of what Jones wanted to create. Was the objective of this KSR to have the reach this his KSR has?

I guess I'm missing the piece in any decision that he has made has had ANY impact on the success of this board. If it has had impact(and I don't think at all that it has), then good, because whatever defined the path of this board has worked because this is the first place I go when I want to find out, or discuss anything UK related.

If the KSR brand at some point in time had value and reputation worth protecting, then it should have been trademarked. Otherwise, it's fair game for all. That's within the rules of Capitalism.

KeithKSR
08-03-2015, 06:26 AM
O
Is that what it's all about, an acronym?

I guess I'm misunderstanding what the issue is. I don't think that he created his KSR to compete with this KSR. I've always felt that this KSR was set up to be an exclusive, respectful place for reasonable, passionate fans to discuss matters of UK. That is the exact opposite of what Jones wanted to create. Was the objective of this KSR to have the reach this his KSR has?

I guess I'm missing the piece in any decision that he has made has had ANY impact on the success of this board. If it has had impact(and I don't think at all that it has), then good, because whatever defined the path of this board has worked because this is the first place I go when I want to find out, or discuss anything UK related.

If the KSR brand at some point in time had value and reputation worth protecting, then it should have been trademarked. Otherwise, it's fair game for all. That's within the rules of Capitalism.

Kentucky Sports Radio was a spinoff of Kentucky Sports Report. Before the blog Matt's podcasts were a feature on Kentucky Sports Report, and CBBN was the guy who took care of all the technical stuff behind the scenes.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-03-2015, 07:07 AM
O

Kentucky Sports Radio was a spinoff of Kentucky Sports Report. Before the blog Matt's podcasts were a feature on Kentucky Sports Report, and CBBN was the guy who took care of all the technical stuff behind the scenes.

That makes the stealing argument that much weaker. It's not like Matt was an overnight sensation. If there were any legal ramifications, at a minimum, a cease and desist could have stopped him from using the name. On the surface, it certainly looks like a spin-off of a non-trademarked brand that he built to what it is today after the fact.

Bakert
08-03-2015, 07:59 AM
There is currently a WHOLE lot more information that flows from Jones/KSR* to here than vice versa. People may not like Jones personally and to be honest I'm not sure that if I met him I would but it doesn't change the fact that more information about UK athletics originates there than anywhere else.

But the pettiness about whether he "stole" something is something I simply don't understand. It's not like his entire success is a function of him using "KSR" and him doing that led to this site not being what his is.

Bakert
08-03-2015, 08:03 AM
But again I'll say, he adds little to nothing toward my BBN experience.

Oh, but that's where you are wrong. You'd be shocked at how much info here originates there. So Jones does add to your BBN experience, and I would say he significantly does, due to the sources he has.

Now, you may argue that even if he does break it first, eventually someone here would hear it themselves and post it and I believe you would be correct. But that works both ways - those who argue that Jones stole information from here and used it are forgetting that he likely would have heard it from his sources, too.

Personally I find it all to be silly. Yes, silly. :) If someone wants to begrudge him his success, fine. But at least be honest about why rather than making up something about stealing information or whatnot.

Darryl
08-03-2015, 08:17 AM
Oh, but that's where you are wrong. You'd be shocked at how much info here originates there. So Jones does add to your BBN experience, and I would say he significantly does, due to the sources he has.

Now, you may argue that even if he does break it first, eventually someone here would hear it themselves and post it and I believe you would be correct. But that works both ways - those who argue that Jones stole information from here and used it are forgetting that he likely would have heard it from his sources, too.

Personally I find it all to be silly. Yes, silly. :) If someone wants to begrudge him his success, fine. But at least be honest about why rather than making up something about stealing information or whatnot.

I personally get a "ton" of info from his site. Also, Jones gets the best guests on his show of anyone and it is not close. Seth Davis, Bilas, Vitale, Seth Greenberg, Katz, Gregg Doyel, Jon Rothstein all are regulars. The haters such as Goodman, Thame, Feinstein, Forde, O'Neil all are regularly called out on his show and when Jones has them as guests he is very confrontive with them.

Some say he went to Duke Law School so he can't be a UK fan; well, I went to Samford Pharmacy School so I guess that applies to me too.

As for his info:

1. He was always certain on Randle; very few other UK insiders were. Everyone said Wiggins was a lock and Jones said DAILY he did not know why everyone was so confident.

2. At the end of 2013 in March, he predicted UK's upcoming roster exactly (including WCS and Poy coming back and Wiltjer transferring)

3. SOMEONE is feeding Jones info, and frankly that is what is important to me...not his politics or his manners as I rarely interact with him.

Darryl

CitizenBBN
08-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Thank goodness we finally found a replacement topic for The Great Tubby Debate. Can we assign Superfriends names to everyone yet?

Darrell KSR
08-03-2015, 08:48 AM
There are many more non-sports related issues associated with the promotion or detraction of a blogger/radio guy, so we're moving it to the Barber Shop for discussion.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

jazyd
08-03-2015, 09:18 AM
I personally get a "ton" of info from his site. Also, Jones gets the best guests on his show of anyone and it is not close. Seth Davis, Bilas, Vitale, Seth Greenberg, Katz, Gregg Doyel, Jon Rothstein all are regulars. The haters such as Goodman, Thame, Feinstein, Forde, O'Neil all are regularly called out on his show and when Jones has them as guests he is very confrontive with them.

Some say he went to Duke Law School so he can't be a UK fan; well, I went to Samford Pharmacy School so I guess that applies to me too.

As for his info:

1. He was always certain on Randle; very few other UK insiders were. Everyone said Wiggins was a lock and Jones said DAILY he did not know why everyone was so confident.

2. At the end of 2013 in March, he predicted UK's upcoming roster exactly (including WCS and Poy coming back and Wiltjer transferring)

3. SOMEONE is feeding Jones info, and frankly that is what is important to me...not his politics or his manners as I rarely interact with him.

Darryl

Darryl I had the info on Randle and wiggins weeks before a Randle announced, for all we know Jones got it here. Ander never waive red in his belief we would not get Wiggins

Wilt transferring, thst was pretty much a given, a booster friend told me that weeks before it was public, evidently it was common knowledge. WSC wasn't ready and neither was Alex and both were close to a degree, we discussed it here often

Doc
08-03-2015, 09:36 AM
There are many more non-sports related issues associated with the promotion or detraction of a blogger/radio guy, so we're moving it to the Barber Shop for discussion.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

:sHa_clap2:

Doc
08-03-2015, 09:40 AM
As in many cases, there is much more to the story. People have their opinions and reasons for those opinions. I know some of those reasons. For me, I hold integrity as something special. Of course the definition of that is different for different people but I know what mine is. I don't hold anything against anybody for being successful however I do look at the means and by which they get there. And I'm comfortable saying it has nothing to do with "sharing" information, premium or non premium. He has good sources and provides good information, probably the best out there. But that is not relevant to some as it relates to their dislike for Matt. I would fall in that group because I see them as two different things.

jazyd
08-03-2015, 10:10 AM
As in many cases, there is much more to the story. People have their opinions and reasons for those opinions. I know some of those reasons. For me, I hold integrity as something special. Of course the definition of that is different for different people but I know what mine is. I don't hold anything against anybody for being successful however I do look at the means and by which they get there. And I'm comfortable saying it has nothing to do with "sharing" information, premium or non premium. He has good sources and provides good information, probably the best out there. But that is not relevant to some as it relates to their dislike for Matt. I would fall in that group because I see them as two different things.

Agreed

jazyd
08-03-2015, 10:25 AM
For stu

My ex boss loved whores, didn't matter if we were at the Omney in Atlanta, Marriott in New Orleans, Hilton in Vegas he paid for whores. He loved what they could give him, loved the gratification. Had to be pretty good looking with big hooters, wanted what he thought was the best but not the high priced call girls who came to the room. Couldn't figure out why a couple of us didn't take part even though he was willing to pay for our share. We had morals and loved and respected our wives.

Much like my ex boss you love the whore...Jones...don't care how he got what he has, just want what he can give you and the gratification that goes with it. You prefer him over the high priced of the industry such as Bilas. You have him on a pedestal with that wonderful millionaire HowRd Stern and compare them....which actually is a good comparison. Like my ex boss, you and he like to kept eveyone know how smart you are and how you know more than anyone else. Kingcat told you how he feels about the whore but you are demanding to know every detail which shows how smart you aren't because he told you, you just can't figure it out. Like Kingcat and others here, I have respect and loyalty to those that have this site and developed it over the years. Jones being the whore he is would run here daily looking for any tidbit he could find especially from Larry, then run back and proclaim it as his inside info which those like you lusted for while waiting for your whore. The whore still checks sites daily looking for any tidbit he can find to proclaim as his, and the whore watchers jump with glee with this new found "inside" information and claim Jones is the best there is..

Enjoy your whore, the rest of us have clean hands

Doc
08-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Gosh I love this board. Never know where it will go! (LOL)

I don't have any doubt the Jones information is authentic and most of it direct from the horses mouth. Little of it is stolen. And to his defense, I doubt its fabricated. I've seen others literally call up people, tell them to post false stuff so they can then then refute it in order to elevate their status as people with inside knowledge. That isn't stuff he would do. Matt has great connections. He works them hard. I don't question that one bit, nor do I question his work ethic (or what most call work ethic). I see what he presents as accurate and genuine. I don't see his stuff and stolen. Anything that is taken from other boards is small potatoes relatively speaking. That stuff happens and is expected.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-03-2015, 01:54 PM
For stu

My ex boss loved whores, didn't matter if we were at the Omney in Atlanta, Marriott in New Orleans, Hilton in Vegas he paid for whores. He loved what they could give him, loved the gratification. Had to be pretty good looking with big hooters, wanted what he thought was the best but not the high priced call girls who came to the room. Couldn't figure out why a couple of us didn't take part even though he was willing to pay for our share. We had morals and loved and respected our wives.

Much like my ex boss you love the whore...Jones...don't care how he got what he has, just want what he can give you and the gratification that goes with it. You prefer him over the high priced of the industry such as Bilas. You have him on a pedestal with that wonderful millionaire HowRd Stern and compare them....which actually is a good comparison. Like my ex boss, you and he like to kept eveyone know how smart you are and how you know more than anyone else. Kingcat told you how he feels about the whore but you are demanding to know every detail which shows how smart you aren't because he told you, you just can't figure it out. Like Kingcat and others here, I have respect and loyalty to those that have this site and developed it over the years. Jones being the whore he is would run here daily looking for any tidbit he could find especially from Larry, then run back and proclaim it as his inside info which those like you lusted for while waiting for your whore. The whore still checks sites daily looking for any tidbit he can find to proclaim as his, and the whore watchers jump with glee with this new found "inside" information and claim Jones is the best there is..

Enjoy your whore, the rest of us have clean hands

This is the dumbest and most disrespectful post that I have seen on this board, and it's really just a bunch of presumptive garbage and couldn't be further from the truth. It's very reminiscent of what would be on the HOB back when everybody was over there.

So, congrats on lowering yourself to a classless standard.

I've had people tell me, and feel the same about myself, that I'm a pretty fairly open minded person, but I'm just not going to be influenced to change my mind on topics where the word is, "trust me I know what happened".

On this topic, some people want to hold grudges, but nobody wants to give any detail. I've been told to get my facts straight, well how can I when nobody will present them. So, I'm just left at looking at what details are out there and making a decision based on that, and a whole lot of that seems like silly pettiness.

CitizenBBN
08-03-2015, 04:50 PM
On this topic, some people want to hold grudges, but nobody wants to give any detail. I've been told to get my facts straight, well how can I when nobody will present them. So, I'm just left at looking at what details are out there and making a decision based on that, and a whole lot of that seems like silly pettiness.

The other option would be to simply not form a decision on the issue since you know you don't have enough information. This is like trying to decide who is at fault in a divorce when you never knew what went on in their home. It's going to be no more accurate than throwing darts at a dartboard so what's the point?

Regardless, I think this has more than run its course, for the 300th time.

StuBleedsBlue2
08-03-2015, 10:30 PM
The other option would be to simply not form a decision on the issue since you know you don't have enough information. This is like trying to decide who is at fault in a divorce when you never knew what went on in their home. It's going to be no more accurate than throwing darts at a dartboard so what's the point?

Regardless, I think this has more than run its course, for the 300th time.

I had enough information, but I don't have all the information. I think the difference is just in point of views. I'm not the only person that has this point of view, so not sure why I get the wrath and the name calling.

Whatever happened long ago has virtually no impact on what he's bringing to the BBN today. I'm not here to change minds of those that hold grudges, but I'm also not going to live in the past either.

I have no personal feelings one way or another towards him. I just like him from an entertainment standpoint and the information that he has access to. Much like most entertainers, I probably would have little in common or desire to know them outside that.

Also, if I had perspective on how most people got to where they are now and judged them for it, I wouldn't like anybody. But, hey, that's just me.