PDA

View Full Version : Using the word "American" is problematic

Darrell KSR
07-29-2015, 01:17 PM
So is "illegal aliens," "fathering," "homosexual," "freshmen," "rich," "poor," and a whole host of others.

We have lost our collective minds. Wait--is "our" a problematic word? I need to get my bias-free language directory to make sure. I wonder if there is an app for that.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6697

Doc
07-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Where does STFU fall?

suncat05
07-29-2015, 01:32 PM
I know something that can cure all of this.......and at the risk of "offending" somebody, anybody, whoever, I can tell you exactly what the cure is........a rather large boot squarely & firmly planted up the offended person's glutteous maximus for maximum effect!

Judas H. Priest! Why does every other pansy-puss have to be a whining crybaby about stuff that ultimately doesn't matter if they had any friggin' ability to figure stuff out on their own??

God Almighty, the American human gene pool needs some serious strengthening.

And if I've offended anyone here, please.........go stick your head in a running toilet and help thin the herd out!

CitizenBBN
07-29-2015, 03:18 PM
Somewhere George Orwell is laughing through his tears.

UKStucat
07-29-2015, 05:38 PM
The USA is becoming as hyphenated as the old Austro-Hungarian Empire prior to World War I. Every ethnic group and race must be hyphenated in this brave new world we live in today. Whatever happened to just plain Americans?

jazyd
07-29-2015, 06:19 PM
Well I am offended at being offended. I am a white, straight, southern, christian, male that peas standing up in a MANS bathroom unless of course there is a female with a tremendous body going into the ladies room and then I might consider for a few minutes being a transwhatever.

This is what people are paying buttholes in colleges to think up. What a bunch of looneybirds.

Better enjoy sports while you can, football will be gone in 20 years

UKHistory
08-01-2015, 05:36 PM
I am an American. When people ask me about my heritage, I reply, "I am an American". I was born here so I consider myself a Native America (no disrespect those whose ancestors were in America prior to European exploration and colonization).

I am a Kentuckian and a Wildcat and a Christain. I pay taxes in Virginia but my home is and always will be Kentucky.

I love this country; our history is not perfect but it has evolved to note its imperfections and work towards improving itself. I figure if my ancestors who came to America like their old place that much they would have stayed there.

God Bless the United States of America.

dan_bgblue
08-01-2015, 06:28 PM
I figure if my ancestors who came to America like their old place that much they would have stayed there

:sHa_clap2:

jazyd
08-01-2015, 08:11 PM
I am an American. When people ask me about my heritage, I reply, "I am an American". I was born here so I consider myself a Native America (no disrespect those whose ancestors were in America prior to European exploration and colonization).

I am a Kentuckian and a Wildcat and a Christain. I pay taxes in Virginia but my home is and always will be Kentucky.

I love this country; our history is not perfect but it has evolved to note its imperfections and work towards improving itself. I figure if my ancestors who came to America like their old place that much they would have stayed there.

God Bless the United States of America.

Well said History. I am not a Mexican American, a black American, a English American, African American, just a USAmerican.
By the way if Ernie Els, the golfer, decided to have a US Citizenship he would be African American and as white as I Am :)

The far left radicals are tearing this country sprat and dividing it as much as it can