PDA

View Full Version : Sad but so very true

dan_bgblue
07-24-2015, 07:07 AM
Instant this and instant that (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/24/ephemeral-outrage-why-obamas-opponents-cant-make-anything-stick/?intcmp=latestnews)

suncat05
07-24-2015, 09:30 AM
Notice he didn't mention Benghazi? Because to the Left, American lives really don't matter. As evidenced by the media silence surrounding anything to do with it.

jazyd
07-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Obama and his liberal wackos know all this stuff, the play gadgets of that age know that everything is instant sound bites, limited letters on twitter and whatever else gadgets they can play with during the day and the brain never absorbs anything as everything is rushed thru it.
The media loves it as they can protect their boy and their liberal agenda.
While Russia is flying bombers next to our west coast and taking over parts of eastern Europe, no one pays attention longer than 24 hours. ISIS, waht is that, they have not beheaded anyone in the last week so they are old news and nothing to worry about.
Give me old fashion R,R,R. Teach kids to learn and absorb knowledge and not instant gratification.
In and Out Burgers can be changed to In and Out Info.

CitizenBBN
07-24-2015, 11:36 PM
IMO the article has the symptom right, but not the entire cause. Part of it maybe, but not all of it and not even most of it.

The simple truth is that if this were a GOP President or a Republican Sec of State who was operating their own email system and compromising US security as well as violating all kinds of laws, they would be POUNDING on them. They would be bringing it up constantly, for weeks on end.

The problem isn't really the sound byte nature of our world, it's that the media is beyond biased and in charge of all the sound bytes. If they wanted to really rip Obama or Hillary to shreds, make sure they had no credibility left with the American public, they could do so easily regardless of the existence of twitter.

Nothing sticks on Obama b/c the media refuses to throw anything at him. Simple as that. If they were always questioning him the way they'd grill a GOP President with all these warts and question marks and outright failures, he'd be the least popular President since the Depression.

Even in a microwave world you can still cook a roast. Obama and Hillary both would be political road kill if it weren't for 90% of the Fourth Estate being a bunch of self-righteous leftists just like Obama and Hillary.

It is really all about the Fourth Estate. The Left has control over our media and our schools. With those two things they will win this war.

Doc
07-25-2015, 01:01 AM
I'm not a conspiracy person but have to agree with Chuck. The media's liberal leaning means they move on when the subject from the left. They will pound on Trumps "Mexican rapists", forgetting the "illegal" part but drop a story about planned parenthoods selling fetal parts. They won't delve into Hillary's destruction of gov't property which parallels what Nixon did, ultimately resulting in his resignation of the Presidency so as not to be Inpeached, instead taking her lighthearted cackling excuses at face value because they came from a liberal and they don't want to find anything of substance.

CitizenBBN
07-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Doc, it's not like they all get together in a secret room and decide to support Obama or Hillary or roast a conservative. As the editor of the Washington Times once said, it's not a conspiracy, it's much worse: it's a consensus.

These people all voted for Obama, will all vote for Hillary. they want her to win, believe in the platform. To trust them to objectively report on these stories would be like asking me to be balanced when reporting on college basketball. even if I try, I'm going to naturally believe that UK is on the up and up and UL and UNC are full of it.

Now imagine I'm in that position but my reporting makes a real difference in things like recruiting or even how we are selected in the tourney. That my choices of stories can influence the outcome. Am i really going to call out UK like I might UL or UNC?

Everyone has bias. The fact that it exists isn't new, but the composition of the media being 90% liberals makes it seem like their version of events is the factual truth when it is just one side of the story.

Hillary's email thing is absolutely on the level of Nixon's tape scandal. She has maintained separate files in violation of federal records laws and destroyed those files without any review.

Would the media have let the IRS thing go if the IRS were answering to Bush II and it was liberal groups being targeted? No way. They wouldn't let go of any of these stories, but they do with Obama and Hillary so they go away.

Darrell KSR
07-25-2015, 12:49 PM
As the editor of the Washington Times once said, it's not a conspiracy, it's much worse: it's a consensus.

That's an excellent way of putting it.

jazyd
07-25-2015, 01:39 PM
I agree Chuck but also with so many on cell phones for everything, I think my SIL is totally addicted to his phone...or ipads, twitter, facebook, instawhatever, that is all the young under 40 know. They certainly do no read a paper, probably dont' even know what one is, they don't actually try to find the truth on the internet as I listen to them repeat the sound bites they hear on the liberal media or their twitter world, women in our store usually dont' even pay attention to what I tell them their total of the sale is because they are too engrossed in whatever gossip they are talking on their phones. And the democrats and the liberal media knows this and takes total advantage of it. Throw in the liberal crap they teach in college and we are in trouble.