PDA

View Full Version : Pedro - do you guys have a tablet holder for your Surface Pro 3?

Darrell KSR
07-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Without spending an arm and a leg, I'd be interested in either a floor stand with a gooseneck mount that would hold the Surface Pro 3, or some desk/table type model that would do the same. I haven't spent any real time looking yet, but here are the kind of things I'm talking about--

Floor model (this one won't fit the Surface Pro 3)

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-88eb/k2-_f2236d9c-340c-403a-a050-7c11dbf1fb8b.v1.jpg

Or for a desktop model, but I would not want a clamp.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41fi9XpYJCL._SL500_SS115_.jpg

There are a lot of them built for tablets up to 10", but with a very quick, 5 minute glance on my phone, didn't see a plethora of 12" models. And a docking station isn't really what I'd want. I'm looking for something where I can put a keyboard on my desk, and look up at the tablet, not down at it.

PedroDaGr8
07-22-2015, 01:01 PM
We use a wall mount, I have yet to see one of the mounts like what you are showing, unfortunately. Couldn't find anything interesting on a quick look through either.

Darrell KSR
07-22-2015, 11:34 PM
Thanks, Pedro. I haven't used it all that much for heavy, intensive, hours at a time work, so I'll be patient until I find something that fits just kinda what I have in mind. I'm not really a fan of the stand thing as I think it over, but something for a desk would be good sometime.

PedroDaGr8
07-24-2015, 10:48 AM
Thanks, Pedro. I haven't used it all that much for heavy, intensive, hours at a time work, so I'll be patient until I find something that fits just kinda what I have in mind. I'm not really a fan of the stand thing as I think it over, but something for a desk would be good sometime.

If it becomes essential, you can do a two part mount possibly. Part one is a VESA adapter; VESA is the standard mounting sytem on most monitors. Then two, use a VESA compatible mount. Since VESA is a standard, there are thousands of options for that. Just not sure about finding a VESA adapter for the surface pro.

Darrell KSR
07-27-2015, 09:16 AM
Off topic, but my son now has the same surface pro 3 I have. He will make better use of it than I do.