PDA

View Full Version : Take Out Your TV Challenge

Darrell KSR
07-16-2015, 03:06 PM
Alabamian Bobby Knight has had enough. Last night, in response to the Arthur Ashe Courage Award being given to Caitlyn Jenner, formerly known as Bruce Jenner the male Olympic decathlon winner for coming out as transgender, Knight—a grandpa and electrician from Baker Hill—blew a hole in his TV.

Now he’s issuing a challenge to others who are fed up with the media, calling it the #TakeOutYourTV Challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8_Dl9ubCyI

dan_bgblue
07-16-2015, 04:24 PM
More power to him. I do not intend to follow along as, weather, sports, and educational programming are largely free of idiotic coverage of crap I do not care about. Bruce and his fantasies are near the top of the list of things I could not care less about and thankfully I would have known nothing about the award had you not posted it here. ;-)

Doc
07-16-2015, 06:10 PM
My issues are when was he last known for anything associated with sports. The dude won a gold medal 40 years ago. Now he is the step dad/pseudo mom of some freaky fat ass TV media whores, and to be honest is more known for that. Sorry but the S in ESPN stands for sport. The award is sport related. I don't see the sport association here. IMO Lauren Hill would have been a much more deserving pick but I guess we are cancered out.

Think guy is a dork though. Why ruin a perfectly good 1982 14 inch Westinghouse TV? That probably had another couple weeks of life. No telling how many VCRed episodes of Dukes of hazard and BJ and the Bear he could have squeezed out of it.

Also, Bobby Knight voice has changed quite a bit. I expected more cursing

CitizenBBN
07-16-2015, 07:01 PM
shooting those old CRT TVs is about their highest and best use. Can't even sell the HD ones for a buck. They dont' even make good boat anchors.

Darrell KSR
07-16-2015, 07:25 PM
shooting those old CRT TVs is about their highest and best use. Can't even sell the HD ones for a buck. They dont' even make good boat anchors.

I was always told as a kid that they had these giant magnets in them I've always wanted to see. Is that just urban legend?

dan_bgblue
07-16-2015, 07:34 PM
I am pretty sure that children with braces that sat too close to the screen have been sucked right into the TV and now are writers for each year's new sitcoms. The children never age in TVland

KSRBEvans
07-16-2015, 07:37 PM
I bet money that he'll be watching ESPN on his brand-new better TV when SEC football starts.

CitizenBBN
07-16-2015, 08:13 PM
I was always told as a kid that they had these giant magnets in them I've always wanted to see. Is that just urban legend?

They have charged plates that I guess one could consider a magnet, but I don't think they'd pick up metals or anything. The charged plates are what distort the beam to get it to paint on the screen.

KeithKSR
07-19-2015, 05:34 AM
My first thought was that he wasn't shooting his big flatscreen TV, but one he couldn't give away.