PDA

View Full Version : 50 First Dates....

Darrell KSR
07-09-2015, 08:45 AM
I swear, that movie could have been made about me and reading books for pleasure. I got a couple of books for father's day, which happened to surround a vacation we had planned. One of them was vaguely familiar. When I started reading it last night, I remembered every detail, as I was reading the page. But for the life of me, I can't remember how the book turns out, what happens next, etc.

When I pleasure read, I read quickly. Had a nearly 900 page book given to me, and in between taking kids golfing, shopping, going to the beach, after they were asleep, in a couple of days I had finished it. But I'll probably pick it up again three years from now and read it again, because I would have forgotten enough of the details of an enjoyable book to read it again.

Anybody else do that, or is this just me? Do you re-read pleasure books, or are you "one and done?" I read much more slowly if I need to retain something, but it's not as enjoyable. I think I just want to get quickly to "what happens next" in my drama-action type fiction books.

KeithKSR
07-09-2015, 11:06 AM
I am primarily one and done, but on occasion will read a book multiple times.