PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Trivia!

Darrell KSR
07-06-2015, 11:16 AM
I didn't watch it, but thought it would be a cool antidote to those bored with The Andy Griffith Show trivia.

I'll start it, although I haven't the faintest idea of the answer to this. You'll have to grade it (or I'll have to google it). I stole the question.

Which race of aliens used their space craft to construct a huge weblike trap made of pure energy?

dan_bgblue
07-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Tholians

CitizenBBN
07-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Is this all star trek universe or a particular series? Finally one of these I can play. :)

CitizenBBN
07-06-2015, 02:10 PM
I'll just go with it. All series, anything in the verse.

Start off with a gimmie. Bajor was occupied for 50 years by what race/empire?

UKFlounder
07-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Cardassians (sp?)

A bowl of what food magically appeared for Commander Riker when he asked for one in Encounter at Fairpoint?

Edit: that seems obscure, so think of Fuji

I'll just go with it. All series, anything in the verse.

Start off with a gimmie. Bajor was occupied for 50 years by what race/empire?

Doc
07-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Cardassians (sp?)

Were those the fat assed aliens?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/115387629/kim.jpg

Darrell KSR
07-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Were those the fat assed aliens?

Help me, that's exactly what I was thinking.

CitizenBBN
07-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Cardassians (sp?)

A bowl of what food magically appeared for Commander Riker when he asked for one in Encounter at Fairpoint?

Edit: that seems obscure, so think of Fuji

A bowl of apples. there was a bowl of fruit on the table, Riker lamented there were no apples.

A bit of science: what subatomic particle naturally moves at faster than light speeds and is a key component of temporal distortions?

CitizenBBN
07-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Help me, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Not big butts, but big necks.

dan_bgblue
07-06-2015, 08:07 PM
A bowl of apples. there was a bowl of fruit on the table, Riker lamented there were no apples.

A bit of science: what subatomic particle naturally moves at faster than light speeds and is a key component of temporal distortions?

Tachyon

CitizenBBN
07-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Right. Your turn to ask the question.

Darrell KSR
07-06-2015, 09:54 PM
I don't understand half of what you guys are posting, but it is fun reading it.

dan_bgblue
07-07-2015, 08:19 AM
Gravimetric torpedoes are used in battle by whom

Darrell KSR
07-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Admiral Farragut? Or should have?

CitizenBBN
07-07-2015, 09:24 AM
I know Voyager used one to destroy Omega particles in the Omega Directive, but betting that's not what you're looking for as an answer.

dan_bgblue
07-07-2015, 11:47 AM
The borg used it as a mainstay weapon. IIRC it rips apart the target using gravity waves.

CitizenBBN
07-07-2015, 07:38 PM
The borg used it as a mainstay weapon. IIRC it rips apart the target using gravity waves.

Good call. I knew they created gravimetric distortions.

OK, throw out another one.

dan_bgblue
07-07-2015, 07:57 PM
There may have been others that I can not remember, but if it was not the first occurrence it was one of them. It was also one of the first if not the first shows that exhibited a comedy overtone.

The Enterprise is almost over run by an alien species.

CitizenBBN
07-07-2015, 08:20 PM
If it's Enterprise D then I'm thinking of when the Ferengi took over. The Captain, Guinan, Ro and Keiko were transformed to their pre-teen bodies but with their current minds. Fit the comedic overtone thing, but I'm figuring your'e thinking TOS.

dan_bgblue
07-07-2015, 08:42 PM
The original Star Trek TV series was responsible for the episode. I likely gave a really bad clue. The alien species that almost over ran the starship probably should be considered to be more of an infestation

kingcat
07-07-2015, 08:47 PM
The dreaded Tribbles maybe?

kingcat
07-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Not certain I had the correct answer but I'll lay a question out there anyway..

In my favorite TNG episode a metaphoric form of communication nearly prevented any future dialogue with a race called the "Tamarians" Not to mention almost starting a war.

Does anyone know what popular actress made her acting debut in that episode?

http://www.gardnercampbell.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/darmok-and-jalad-at-tanagra.png
"Temba, his arms wide"

dan_bgblue
07-07-2015, 09:25 PM
You understood the riddle inside the enigma and provided the correct answer. Live long and prosper

dan_bgblue
07-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Yes, but since I suck at posting questions, I will let someone else answer

I got sick of him saying Darmok at Tanagra

CitizenBBN
07-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Duh, should have gotten that one. Not a bad clue, I'm just not finding a groove yet.

The Darmok episode was the debut of Ensign Lefler (sp?), none other than Ashley Judd. I remember b/c I knew Ashley so it was impossible to suspend my disbelief with her, I just saw Ashley.

OK, lets try this one. Another actor question. Which actor has the honor of having played the most distinct characters throughout the Trek universe? Bonus question, how many? Hint, he had three very well known recurring roles.

badrose
07-07-2015, 10:01 PM
Yes, but since I suck at posting questions, I will let someone else answer

I got sick of him saying Darmok at Tanagra

Yeah, me too.

dan_bgblue
07-08-2015, 02:18 PM
CBBN, I have no clue to be able to answer your question.

CitizenBBN
07-09-2015, 08:55 PM
OK, the answer: Jeffrey Combs. He played 9 different characters. There are a few who played 7.

You'll know him immediately when I tell you who he played:

Weyoun (the Dominion Vorta, more than one incarnation of him but one character)

Brunt (Ferengi FCA)

Shran (Andorian commander on Enterprise)

He had others but one you may remember is Penk, the man who ran the Tsunkatse games in Voyager who abducted Tuvok and Seven.

Pretty good actor if you ask me.

OK, next question: why did Worf accept discommodation from the Klingon Empire?

kingcat
07-09-2015, 11:15 PM
OK, the answer: Jeffrey Combs. He played 9 different characters. There are a few who played 7.

You'll know him immediately when I tell you who he played:

Weyoun (the Dominion Vorta, more than one incarnation of him but one character)

Brunt (Ferengi FCA)

Shran (Andorian commander on Enterprise)

He had others but one you may remember is Penk, the man who ran the Tsunkatse games in Voyager who abducted Tuvok and Seven.

Pretty good actor if you ask me.

OK, next question: why did Worf accept discommodation from the Klingon Empire?

To prevent civil war within the Empire of course. :) But war proved inevitable and Worf eventually had his honor restored.

I loved his character.

Here's a question many grannys could answer..

What Visitor played a Bajorin colonel in the Deep Space Nine series?

Note: I don't know that many names of cast members, but a select few stuck out to me as being more alien sounding than their character name. Example..I never knew a Nimoy..but I do know a Spock. :)

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory
..Leonard Nimoy's last tweet

kingcat
07-19-2015, 11:57 AM
It was Nana Visitor.

My favorite actor/actress name from the series.

http://www.eriel.com/personal/autographs/NanaVisitor.jpg

kingcat
07-19-2015, 05:41 PM
The Star Trek character Harcourt Fenton (Harry) Mudd was a smuggler/con man trying to hide from not only federation law, but something else?

Can anyone recall what?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130221170713/memoryalpha/en/images/4/46/Harcourt_Fenton_Mudd_2266.jpg
Roger C. Carmel