PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack update

bigsky
07-02-2015, 02:24 PM
Thank you, BEvans, for asking.

My mind plays tricks on me, of course false positives all the time tempting
me to emergency rooms or not to live my life. That's toughest.

I have started cardiac rehab, and at a good starting point although there is no running just some walking, stepping and arm work with the old people...wait! I'm one, it seems.

No alcohol, tobacco, some firearms and gopher trapping; my way of saying I'm a bit active.

Looking for a way to get time served back in the 80s working for the university when I was a student. I will have to buy that time, but it will count, trying to hasten my retirement and shrug off the golden handcuffs. In short, my time line is shorter.

I get clammy and dizzy because the drug soup drops my blood pressure to 80/50 and thats my biggest physical symptom.

But I'm working, Mayoring, campaigning, and helping people live their dreams. It is true that I'm an accomplishment junkie, that is, my favorite place is making something happen for someone that's trying and working. I am uncomfortable without a purpose to my day. While It IS more of a struggle these days, merely converting oxygen to carbon dioxide, that doesnt do it for me.

19 days, now. It may amaze my friends who know my "non-interventionist" theology, but my first thought every morning upon awakening is "thank you for another day".

A small bit of the story some of you will be uplifted by. You may know I was dozing by the lake, after lunch, in my rv. I could have easily died in my sleep. My Wife's friends came by in their boat, they are members of "Journey Church". We are going to their daughters wedding on the 4th. They were deep in planning the marital event, they had not intended going to the lake. They didnt intend to go out on the lake where they did. They didnt intend to stop by and see me.

But they did all those thing, woke us from our sleep, and it it was then I noticed my discomfort. They loaded our boat onto the trailer after we left--but their real contribution was coming along in time for me to realize my distress and for my wife to drive me to the hospital.

As always, thanks for being my friends and for this small, close comminity.

dan_bgblue
07-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Their timing was indeed convenient and welcome for sure. Over the many years of my existence, I have noted many similar twists of fate that involve a seemingly happenstance event that changes the outcome of an otherwise potentially tragic scenario.

It is a special place on the net for me to visit, but only because there are so many great people here that once upon a time decided to make KSR a place that suited them.

Darrell KSR
07-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Amazing story, and still worried about you, Bigsky. Do what you are supposed to do, please. Get healthy!

bigsky
07-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Amazing story, and still worried about you, Bigsky. Do what you are supposed to do, please. Get healthy! I'm worried too. So I will be doing it all by the book.

CitizenBBN
07-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Glad you're out there getting your accomplishment fix, and I can't echo Darrell's sentiment enough. We've had many interesting discussions on here over the years and I fully intend on having many many more, so take care of yourself.

kingcat
07-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Try not to add worry on top of worry. A certain amount is both good and necessary not to mention normal.

What a great story Bigsky! God's ways aren't like our ways. And it sounds to me like your accomplishments and helping others achieve worthy goals hasn't gone unnoticed.
God works similarly.

Take care.

KeithKSR
07-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Jeff, was that a bit of divine intervention?

KSRdallen
07-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Wishing you all the very best in your recovery, Jeff. Take care!

bigsky
07-03-2015, 11:43 AM
Jeff, was that a bit of divine intervention? "In the eyes of the beholder".

jazyd
07-03-2015, 03:57 PM
It wasn't good timing, it was God watching over you. He isn't ready for you just yet so he told St Peter to get your angel working quickly and stop you from your journey up. :) Now, remember to thank Him every night, we will do the same.

suncat05
07-05-2015, 07:52 AM
Prayers offered up for your full recovery.

ETWNAPPEL
07-07-2015, 09:32 AM
You have a second chance at the rest of your life. What are you going to do with it?