PDA

View Full Version : Color changing condoms

Darrell KSR
06-29-2015, 12:22 PM
I like the idea behind this, but I'm not sure it'll have much impact--it's the ones not wearing condoms that need the protection most.

The idea is pretty good, though--the condom changes color if it comes into contact with bodily fluids containing STDs.

Teenagers invented it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/teens-invent-color-changing-condom-to-warn-of-stds/

suncat05
06-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Too bad someone hasn't invented one yet that let's you know whether the lady in question is crazy........j/s.

Doc
06-29-2015, 04:27 PM
There is a Rick Pitino Joke in here.

CitizenBBN
06-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Too bad someone hasn't invented one yet that let's you know whether the lady in question is crazy........j/s.

It's an easy test.

Did she date me? She's nuts.

CitizenBBN
06-29-2015, 10:03 PM
There is a Rick Pitino Joke in here.

Do they have one that changes color if it comes into contact with marinara?

suncat05
06-30-2015, 09:10 AM
Do they have one that changes color if it comes into contact with marinara?

EWWWWWW!

KeithKSR
06-30-2015, 10:02 AM
Wouldn't the color change come awfully late in the process to be of benefit?

Darrell KSR
06-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Wouldn't the color change come awfully late in the process to be of benefit?

I guess theoretically you could check quickly, sort of like a oil dipstick, and then determine that further engagement was not advisable. Perhaps limiting exposure? In short, however, it does not seem to have widespread applicability.

suncat05
06-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Well, I would tend to think that if the male involved in the act of coitus is actually wearing the device on his said appendage then he would have a good idea upon withdrawal..........perhaps during the actual commission of said act, or afterwards, as the case may be...........but it's my understanding that the condom wouldn't really tell that story until after it has been utilized(sp?).

Darrell KSR
06-30-2015, 10:50 AM
Perhaps it is for the benefit of the afflicted female, in advising her that medical treatment may be advisable?

Arguably, or the afflicted male who is unaware. OOr both. Possibly the idea is that the prophylactic was effective in preventing transmission of an unknown disease, but is diagnostic in nature so that treatment can be sought.

There is some practical application in it. Just not a cure all, end all, be all.

Doc
06-30-2015, 11:14 AM
I guess theoretically you could check quickly, sort of like a oil dipstick, and then determine that further engagement was not advisable. Perhaps limiting exposure? In short, however, it does not seem to have widespread applicability.

Interesting visualization analogy there

Well while it may be "too late" so to speak, its not really to late to start treatment. For something that is treatable, the sooner you know you have been exposed and start treatment the better. Say chlamydia where treatment is simple and effective, it would be wise to have yourself check even if you took precautions.

Edward100
07-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Not to worry, this will offend someone who will start a campaign to have a law made that it can’t use because it would be “An invasion of privacy”.

Doc
07-01-2015, 08:40 PM
So long as the condom does not have a confederate flag on it, I'm good!

CatinIL
07-02-2015, 08:16 AM

Thanks for putting that vision into my mind...now every time I check the oil in my car I'm going to think that! :lmao:

ShoesSwayedBlue
07-08-2015, 06:45 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

Thanks for putting that vision into my mind...now every time I check the oil in my car I'm going to think that!

Me too. In fact, they should just name the condoms Dipsticks.

suncat05
07-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Or "Dippin' Covers"...........or "Dipstick Wraps" ...........

Darrell KSR
07-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Dipping sticks?

Fun dips is already taken.

Doc
07-08-2015, 09:54 AM
My philosophy is if the condom comes out green, somebody needs to go to the Dr.

suncat05
07-08-2015, 10:10 AM
My philosophy is if the condom comes out green, somebody needs to go to the Dr.

Jesus! Did you have to say that right before lunch? LOL!

UKHistory
07-08-2015, 10:16 AM
While men usually become aware of an STD quite quickly, women do not. Not only can a woman unintentionally infect her partner(s) but the STD a woman has is doing severe damage to her reproductive organs silently perhaps for a prolonged period of time.

So a condom or any material that reacts with known STDs would be of great benefit to a woman and a man. At the very least it inforsm them of the need to seek medical attention to receive proper treatment immediately.

This has great possibilities.

Perhaps it is for the benefit of the afflicted female, in advising her that medical treatment may be advisable?

Arguably, or the afflicted male who is unaware. OOr both. Possibly the idea is that the prophylactic was effective in preventing transmission of an unknown disease, but is diagnostic in nature so that treatment can be sought.

There is some practical application in it. Just not a cure all, end all, be all.

BigBluePappy
07-08-2015, 08:51 PM
While men usually become aware of an STD quite quickly, women do not. Not only can a woman unintentionally infect her partner(s) but the STD a woman has is doing severe damage to her reproductive organs silently perhaps for a prolonged period of time.

So a condom or any material that reacts with known STDs would be of great benefit to a woman and a man. At the very least it inforsm them of the need to seek medical attention to receive proper treatment immediately.

This has great possibilities.

So really, we are doing them a favor...:evilgrin0007: