PDA

View Full Version : Gastric bypass

CGWildcat
06-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Had an appt yesterday with nutritionist and surgeon. About 90% sure I'm going to get it done. While I'm not HUGE, I'm bigger than I should be, take 8 different meds every morning (mainly for BP, cholesterol, GERD, I'm pre-diabetic, and have sleep apnea). I topped out at 304 lbs back in the winter, right now hovering between 280-290 depending on whose scale.

The surgeon and nutritionist cleared me, now I have referral with Psych to ensure my mind is right. This program, provides 6 months of aftercare with nutritionist and psych also, which I think is major good stuff for full success. If I proceed with it, majority if not all those things will go away. To be only 5'10, 51 years old and history of family heart disease I feel like this is my last chance to make things better for my life and being able to live my life with my grandkids, kids, family and friends.

The mrs. isn't keen on me doing this, and I understand that. However, while I value her input and listen to it all, it's my final call. Reading about FabFeuder, and now Bigsky's scare, I decided to post this, if for no other reason but to see it in my words to help me make the right decision.

bigsky
06-17-2015, 03:25 PM
I dont know how to advise you but you only have one heart. I let things go too long, I will say that. There comes a time when you heart wont let you make changes. Dont wait till you dont have options, whatever you do.