PDA

View Full Version : 20 former Wildcats begin season on NBA rosters

imsoblue
10-30-2012, 01:25 PM
With John Calipari coaching at Kentucky, you knew it was a matter of time.

The regular season tipping off on Tuesday night and 20 former Wildcats are NBA rosters. UK has been among the schools with the most professionals over the last few years, but the six draftees from the national championship team have sent Kentucky past Duke and into the top spot.

Here are the colleges with 10 or more players on opening day rosters:

Kentucky - 20
Duke - 18
North Carolina - 17
Kansas - 14
UCLA - 12
Connecticut - 12
Texas - 11
Florida - 10

And here is the list of all 20 former Cats and their teams:

Eric Bledsoe - Los Angeles Clippers
Keith Bogans - Brooklyn Nets
DeMarcus Cousins - Sacramento Kings
Anthony Davis - New Orleans Hornets
Josh Harrellson - Miami Heat
Chuck Hayes - Sacramento Kings
Terrence Jones - Houston Rockets
Enes Kanter - Utah Jazz
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - Charlotte Bobcats
Brandon Knight - Detroit Pistons
Doron Lamb - Milwaukee Bucks
DeAndre Liggins - Oklahoma City Thunder
Jodie Meeks - Los Angeles Lakers
Darius Miller - New Orleans Hornets
Nazr Mohammed - Chicago Bulls
Patrick Patterson - Houston Rockets
Tayshaun Prince - Detroit Pistons
Rajon Rondo - Boston Celtics
Marquis Teague - Chicago Bulls
John Wall - Washington Wizards

With UK players on 15 of the NBA's 30 teams, there's a pretty good chance you'll see a familiar face any time you turn on a game this season. The NBA's opening week is proof.

These are the games that feature former Cats that will be on national television this week:

Tuesday, Oct. 30

Boston Celtics vs. Miami Heat - 8 p.m. ET on TNT - This game will pit Rondo, one of the point guards in the world, against Josh Harrellson's new team, the Miami Heat.

Dallas Mavericks vs. Los Angeles Lakers - 10:30 p.m. ET on TNT - With Kobe Bryant's status uncertain due to a foot injury, Jodie Meeks could start in his Laker debut.

Wednesday, Oct. 31

Sacramento Kings vs. Chicago Bulls - 8 p.m. ET on WGN - DeMarcus Cousins will be looking to assert himself as one of the NBA's top big men beginning with this game. He'll play alongside Chuck Hayes and against Marquis Teague and Nazr Mohammed.

Thursday, Nov. 1

New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - 7 p.m. ET on TNT - UK will play in the Barclays Center on Nov. 9, but former Cat Keith Bogans will play there first.

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. San Antonio Spurs - 9:30 p.m. ET on TNT - DeAndre Liggins won a battle for a roster spot with the Thunder.

Friday, Nov. 2

Los Angeles Clippers vs. Los Angeles Lakers - 10:30 p.m. ET on ESPN - This will be your first chance to see potential breakout performer Eric Bledsoe suit up for the Clippers.

Cat Scratches (http://www.ukathletics.com/blog/)

jazyd
10-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Is Naz ever going to ride off in the sunset? LOL

cattails
10-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Make that 21, Orton picked back up by KC

Darrell KSR
10-31-2012, 09:37 PM
Nazr tweets a lot on twitter. I have been following him for years there.

He is an incredible man. I know you can't get everything from what he tweets, but I believe I have a good sense of his character and lifestyle. Good disposition, very grounded as a human being, humble and hard working. Very team oriented. I am impressed that he enjoys life's simple pleasures, Jazy sounds a lot like you. He will talk often about him playing golf in the off season, seems to play on public courses frequently, and is a regular guy. So easy to root for, is a role model publicly.

The OKC fans tweeted at him after he left telling him how much they would miss him, and how they would be fans of his, despite not being there too long. That speaks volumes.

Is Naz ever going to ride off in the sunset? LOL