PDA

View Full Version : Electricity out... What a difference

Darrell KSR
06-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Here we are sitting in the living room.

Kinda nice. Maybe best pic of the family we've taken recently.

CitizenBBN
06-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Would probably do our nation a lot of good to have a rolling blackout that forced us to just stop and exist as humans for a while, without the 24/7 information/entertainment/stimulus barrage.

National lights out at 10pm, everyone stop and read or talk or get some sleep. Except Vegas and key west, they didn't even get up till noon.

jazyd
06-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Would probably do our nation a lot of good to have a rolling blackout that forced us to just stop and exist as humans for a while, without the 24/7 information/entertainment/stimulus barrage.

National lights out at 10pm, everyone stop and read or talk or get some sleep. Except Vegas and key west, they didn't even get up till noon.

Better yet, turn all cell towers off for an hour every night :)

MickintheHam
06-10-2015, 02:14 PM

I am attempting to morph into that existence. Every Sunday Night and at least one week night, generally Wednesday, at 8:00 pm is exclusively for reading and/or listening to music. I either move into the little used living room and sit in a very comfortable padded but straight back chair to read or take the music speakers to the back deck and just listen to the music. A little B&B and and I can just bliss out. I put enough streaming music in the queue that it will go all night if needed, so there is never a need to leave the chair until I want to head to bed. It does wonders for my health. I'm thinking about taking one whole weeknight during the summer and never turn on the TV or go to the internet. TV and internet are bad habits I have fallen into when I'm at home.