PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving to Waco, land of fun and frolic

CitizenBBN
05-17-2015, 09:50 PM
I like Texas well enough, but what's up with Waco?

First we have the Branch Dividians and their whole mess (with the assist to the ATF/DOJ/FBI), and now a biker gang war breaks out with at least 9 dead and a dozen more or so in the hospital.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/17/police-report-multiple-fatalities-after-shooting-in-texas/

I will say I'm at least impressed they know how to shoot straight. so far no police or bystanders seem to have been injured, and with that kind of body count some of those guys clearly can aim. (yes this is tongue in cheek, but the obvious diatribe about the social issues and psychology leading to this sort of thing is too long to type out right now)

jazyd
05-17-2015, 09:52 PM
I am going to say several were shot by the police

We have a twin peaks restaurant here, doubt I go near it regardless of how big the peaks are

kingcat
05-17-2015, 10:33 PM
After hearing the chief say that the police were in a preemptive mode I wonder if basically there weren't three rival gangs involved.
He also said the gangs were well known in the area and that the restaurant owner wanted their business (implying they weren't welcome in the area otherwise)

Besides, them darn waitresses wear those Hooters type outfits and all in that place!

Ahhhh, good ole' Tejas!

jazyd
05-18-2015, 08:12 AM
Story today says 5 gangs were there. Recruiting trip? Any 5 stars there? Can they hit ft's?

suncat05
05-18-2015, 08:41 AM
Story today says 5 gangs were there. Recruiting trip? Any 5 stars there? Can they hit ft's?

At least 9 dead and a large number of wounded. I don't know about any 5 stars or if they can hit free throws, but it's pretty obvious that some in that crowd of bikers practices with their "shootin' irons", and possibly some may be combat veterans of the Sandbox.
And no innocent civilians or LEO'S were shot or injured. At first glance on this I'm wanting to say that this may have been a pre-arranged business meeting between rival gangs to either hash out some existing issues, and/or somebody got 'froggy' & jumped and started the shooting.
There has also been the suggestion that this eatery catered to the bikers crowd, and also there have been statement by restaurant management that they have been cooperating with LE, but there are also reports from LE saying that the restaurant management has not been cooperative. So whatever is going on, this is a mess.
Let's see how much more messy it gets once the DOJ & FBI get involved.

Darrell KSR
05-18-2015, 08:51 PM
Boy, the franchisor threw the franchisee under the bus. Probably deserved it, but man....

Twin Peaks corporate released a statement Monday revoking the Waco location’s franchise agreement, according to NBC affiliate KCEN.

We are in the people business and the safety of the employees and guests in our restaurants is priority one. Unfortunately the management team of the franchised restaurant in Waco chose to ignore the warnings and advice from both the police and our company, and did not uphold the high security standards we have in place to ensure everyone is safe at our restaurants. We will not tolerate the actions of this relatively new franchisee and are immediately revoking their franchise agreement. Our sympathies continue to be with the families of those who died and are very thankful no employees, guests, police officers or bystanders were hurt or injured.

Police also said that they had warned them about biker gangs, and if they had worked with police, the incident could have been prevented.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/waco-twin-peaks-franchise-agreement-revoked-after-shooting/

CitizenBBN
05-18-2015, 09:10 PM
They deserved it IMO. There are plenty of biker bars in the world, and enough of those that are "affiliated", don't know of any who have a corporate franchise license, and there's a really good reason.

Depending on the evidence I'd revoke their license and then sue them for damages to the name. The management knew this meeting was happening, they told the police to step off, and were obviously catering to the biker gang groups, or at least one of them. I'm betting the police, who knew about the meeting in advance, got blown off by the restaurant they contacted corporate, who also then warned the franchisee. They walked right into this with the Twin Peaks name in tow.

But I'm definitely moving there. Fun bunch of folks in that town.

jazyd
05-18-2015, 10:09 PM
Boy, the franchisor threw the franchisee under the bus. Probably deserved it, but man....

Twin Peaks corporate released a statement Monday revoking the Waco location’s franchise agreement, according to NBC affiliate KCEN.

We are in the people business and the safety of the employees and guests in our restaurants is priority one. Unfortunately the management team of the franchised restaurant in Waco chose to ignore the warnings and advice from both the police and our company, and did not uphold the high security standards we have in place to ensure everyone is safe at our restaurants. We will not tolerate the actions of this relatively new franchisee and are immediately revoking their franchise agreement. Our sympathies continue to be with the families of those who died and are very thankful no employees, guests, police officers or bystanders were hurt or injured.

Police also said that they had warned them about biker gangs, and if they had worked with police, the incident could have been prevented.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/waco-twin-peaks-franchise-agreement-revoked-after-shooting/

Good. Hurts their name nationally. We gave one in Jackson, not been to it and don't plan to. Depending on who I talk to it's either great or a bunch of scuds :)

suncat05
05-19-2015, 08:26 AM
What is that old saying..........."if you lay with dogs you might get fleas"..........it kind of sounds to me like somebody in management may be affiliated with one of the bikers gangs with the way they acted when approached by LE. Just a thought.