PDA

View Full Version : The Stephanopoulos Stupidity

CitizenBBN
05-17-2015, 05:40 PM
OK, so now he's supposedly got issues covering politics b/c he interviewed the Clinton Cash author and failed to disclose he's given $75K to the Clinton Foundation.

Fair enough, that is an obvious bias.

BUT....

He came to DC as the Communications Director for Bill Clinton. He's a long time paid adviser for the DNC. He's a career Democrat with the closest of ties to the party leadership. Yet none of that was any indication of bias? It took him writing a check to the foundation to have some inkling that he's going to slant things in favor of the Clintons in particular and Democrats in general? Him being completely beholden to them for his high profile career, and earning money on their payroll, that's all OK, but a check to their foundation is an issue?

What a crock. I'm fine with him being called out for his obvious bias, but what about all the REALLY obvious bias that is there? Most all of these guys have ties to one party or the other, the vast majority of them to the left of course, yet we're all supposed to act like those personal views and self-interests don't taint their reporting. yeah, right.

He was biased long before he gave to the foundation, it just wasn't as easy for people to see.

Doc
05-17-2015, 05:52 PM
I've never believed he was anything but bias however it never bother me because I always felt he was a straight shooter about it. As a reporter, he was neutral or at least attempted to be fair in how he covered a story. I wouldn't have any issue with who he gave money to. His money, his choice. Disclosing it would have been no big deal. I mean the guy worked for Slick Willie.

CitizenBBN
05-17-2015, 09:47 PM
That's what I don't get. He worked for Clinton, yet his donations indicate some kind of possible bias of which we need to be aware? If you weren't aware of his bias before I don't know what his charitable giving record will do to help you.

KeithKSR
05-18-2015, 09:56 PM
It wasn't just bias displayed in the interview, but a huge conflict of interest.

jazyd
05-18-2015, 10:13 PM
Anyone who thinks he is not bias is a fool. I don't care that he gave the money but he should have just reported it to his boss, never would have cone out anyway.