PDA

View Full Version : Report: 3,554 new regs in 2014, 16 for every law, $1.8 trillion pricetag

dan_bgblue
05-13-2015, 04:56 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/12/report-3554-new-regs-in-2014-16-for-every-law-18-trillion-pricetag/

CitizenBBN
05-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Saw that. Got so depressed I had to watch tape of funerals to cheer up.

suncat05
05-14-2015, 09:43 AM
If there was ever a prime indicator as to how out of control our government really this, this is it. 16 post-law regulations for EVERY law enacted with a total price of 1.8 BILLION DOLLARS!
We need term limits on these a$$holes, strict term limits where they cannot be career federal politicians. I don't care what kind of experience they might have, I think a term limited Representative or Senator can figure it out.
But term limits on the politicians is not the only thing we need to fix. We also need to severely constrain all of these career assistants to these politicians, and all of the special interest people/lobbyists too. These other two groups are, I believe, much of the problem in Washington at this time.
There are too many hands in the cookie jar that don't need to be there. JMO.

Doc
05-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Its how you get your agenda done if you 1) don't want to or can't work with congress and 2) want to still be able to blame somebody else because you get your agenda WITHOUT the populace knowing it hence you can blame somebody else for not letting you have your way. You don't pass a law. You make a "regulation".

Darrell KSR
05-15-2015, 07:11 AM
If there was ever a prime indicator as to how out of control our government really this, this is it. 16 post-law regulations for EVERY law enacted with a total price of 1.8 BILLION DOLLARS!

Trillion, not billion.

"the price of the rules at $1.88 trillion annually, a "hidden tax" of $14,976 on every single household, or about 29 percent of an average American's income."

I'm not sure how it is calculated to get to those numbers, which seem ridiculously high, but it's even worse than you thought.

suncat05
05-15-2015, 08:21 AM
"Trillion, not billion".
Any way we look at it, it's still too much money being taken from us in the way of illegal taxation without representation. And with very little to no legal recourse to act against it. And that is exactly what it is........taxation without representation.

"Trillion, not billion"........as some old worn out hag once said, "at this point, what difference does it make?"

Darrell KSR
05-15-2015, 01:23 PM
What difference does it make?

I'd rather $150 be taken out of my pocket than $15,000.

Put another way....

A billion seconds is 31+ years.
A trillion seconds is 31,688 years.

Huge difference to folks like me. For you, $15k is a drop in the bucket! But to me, it's overwhelming.

"Trillion, not billion".
Any way we look at it, it's still too much money being taken from us in the way of illegal taxation without representation. And with very little to no legal recourse to act against it. And that is exactly what it is........taxation without representation.

"Trillion, not billion"........as some old worn out hag once said, "at this point, what difference does it make?"

Doc
05-15-2015, 02:15 PM
What difference does it make?

I'd rather $150 be taken out of my pocket than $15,000.

Put another way....

A billion seconds is 31+ years.
A trillion seconds is 31,688 years.

Huge difference to folks like me. For you, $15k is a drop in the bucket! But to me, it's overwhelming.

Not really. You will be long dead before the bill is paid off regardless of if its billions or trillions or gazzillions. Who it matters to is your kids, your grandkids and your great grandkids. We will be paying the same amount regardless. The difference isn't how much we pay or how much the next generation pays but rather how many generations pay down the road.

Darrell KSR
05-15-2015, 02:17 PM
Not really. You will be long dead before the bill is paid off regardless of if its billions or trillions. Who it matters to is your kids, your grandkids and your great grandkids. We will be paying the same amount regardless. The difference isn't how much we pay or how much the next generation pays but rather how many generations pay down the road.

Nah, if it's billions it makes a huge difference. I don't want to go into debt service and the like, but yeah, 0's matter to all of us.

Doc
05-15-2015, 02:36 PM
we are just kicking the can down the road for somebody else to pick up.

suncat05
05-15-2015, 03:16 PM
I was being sarcastic with my comment from the old hag at the end of that sentence. I hope you know that. I am not in any corner that wants to tax & spend. I am very much a fiscal conservative.

dan_bgblue
10-04-2016, 07:16 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/10/obama_labor_regulations_will_cost_80_billion_and_4 11_million_paperwork_hours.html