PDA

View Full Version : OMG All is forgiven if this is true and Mitch makes this happen

ColonelSteve
10-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Football Rumor Mill ‏@fbrumormill

Multiple sources indicate that Tommy Tuberville and David Cutcliffe are high on Kentucky's list.

ColonelSteve
10-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Probably taken from the first tweet but it shows how serious people are taking this rumor

Sports Xpress ‏@Sports_Xpress

Reports are out tonight that Tommy Tuberville, and David Cutcliffe are high on Kentucky's wish list if they fire Joker Phillips.

SalsaKat
10-28-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm having trouble conceiving why a coach already at a BCS program would come here. Texas Tech ain't Alabama or Michigan but there's no way Kentucky is a better job. Especially the way Tech is rolling (save the recent loss to red-hot KSU).

SalsaKat
10-28-2012, 09:23 PM
As for Cut, I can easily see leaving Duke for Kentucky, though it may be hard to leave a program he's built to a point he can take them to the ACC title game. But I can see this happening.

dan_bgblue
10-28-2012, 09:24 PM
They have been hot topics on the premium board here for weeks. I have no faith in the current administration to make the proper hire. Either of those is better than what is there today, but neither is what is needed, imo.

ColonelSteve
10-28-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm having trouble conceiving why a coach already at a BCS program would come here. Texas Tech ain't Alabama or Michigan but there's no way Kentucky is a better job. Especially the way Tech is rolling (save the recent loss to red-hot KSU).

He's an SEC guy at heart, his tenure at Auburn ended roughly and I think he wants another crack at this conference...if Arkansas, Tennessee or Kentucky offers...he will take whoever offers first

Catonahottinroof
Tuberville is program #3 in some of the richest recruiting ground in the US. I can't see any scenario he comes to UK.

ColonelSteve
They have been hot topics on the premium board here for weeks. I have no faith in the current administration to make the proper hire. Either of those is better than what is there today, but neither is what is needed, imo.

Who do you think is needed that will actually come?

dan_bgblue
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Who knows who would come if they are not approached with an offer?

If a huge commitment is not made by UK to improve everything surrounding football, I doubt that either of the persons mentioned will consider the offer if it is tendered.

Dogsoldier202
10-29-2012, 06:26 AM
Tuberville wants back in the SEC..

VirginiaCat
10-29-2012, 07:34 AM
I cannot believe folks are excited by those two names. IF those guys got fired by other SEC teams what makes you think they can be successful at UK? Seriously? What evidence is there they could BUILD UK when they could not build the other SEC schools?

suncat05
10-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Football Rumor Mill ‏@fbrumormill

Multiple sources indicate that Tommy Tuberville and David Cutcliffe are high on Kentucky's list.

Okay, that's nice. But the question to me is : are either one or both of them interested in Kentucky? Thanks to many, many things going terribly wrong and given the fact that neither the UK admin or the UKAA give two squats about Kentucky football, it's highly unlikely that either one of those two would take a chance with their careers to coach football at a school that doesn't give a damn about football.
Neither one of those two coaches has that much of a death wish regarding their careers, and until the UK admin finally gets serious about winning football any coach we hire will most probably fail. What coach would want to take a chance like that for a school that doesn't care about football?
There is a good reason why Kentucky is considered a coaches graveyard in football, and we're seeing why this season.

KSRBEvans
10-29-2012, 09:32 AM
While I believe these are the types of coaches Mitch would go after, I don't believe either would have interest in the UK job. Tuberville has it rolling in Lubbock, where football is king. UK is SEC football in name only. Cutcliffe has had health issues in the past and I think he'd stay at Duke, where their interest in football is negligible and expectations are low.

Frankly, I don't know why any established coach would come to a program like UK's where the administation will not make the necessary changes to compete in the SEC. At best UK is a jumping-off point for young coaches to put together a decent season or 2 and then move on to a power program. At worst UK is a place where coaching dreams come to die.

truecatsfan
10-29-2012, 06:43 PM
If either one of these guys take this job. I say we will be in the same boat as we are now.

ColonelSteve
10-29-2012, 06:48 PM
I cannot believe folks are excited by those two names. IF those guys got fired by other SEC teams what makes you think they can be successful at UK? Seriously? What evidence is there they could BUILD UK when they could not build the other SEC schools?

David Cutcliffe only had one losing season at Ole Miss...his last...he was fired because he refused to fire the assistants. Tommy Tuberville left Ole Miss for Auburn and resigned on his won...the AD BEGGED him not to, and he did anyway, Chizik has made Auburn realize how good they had it under Tuberville, much like Gillispie did for Tubby and Sutton for Joe B Hall...he would be a GREAT hire for Kentucky

ColonelSteve
10-29-2012, 06:48 PM
If either one of these guys take this job. I say we will be in the same boat as we are now.

You are wrong on that one...that would be the best hire Kentucky has made since Curci

truecatsfan
10-29-2012, 08:14 PM
It does not matter who you bring here, if the ukaa and admin. dosent back them. Ask Brooks

Dogsoldier202
10-29-2012, 08:16 PM
I am not a huge fan of Cutcliffe but Tuberville has a 129-74 record...25-20 overall and 12-20 in the SEC at Ole Miss and 1-0 in bowl games..Remember he took over here while Ole Miss was under sanctions.

He was 85-40 overall and 52-30 in the SEC finishing first in the Western Div 5 times and going 5-3 in bowl games, also remember in 2004 he went undefeated and got left out of title game...

At Texas Tech 19-14 overall and 8-14 in the Big 12..1-0 in bowl games.

blue2ksr
10-29-2012, 09:16 PM

I personally agree more than 100%, but if either were hired I would hope they would prove me wrong, of course.

Just don't get it though......

LakeCat
10-29-2012, 09:25 PM

13-0 at Auburn about 10 years ago and got screwed out of the BCS title game is a pretty fair resume material for TT.

blue2ksr
10-29-2012, 09:30 PM
13-0 at Auburn about 10 years ago and got screwed out of the BCS title game is a pretty fair resume material for TT.

Gene Chizik will probably be available.