PDA

View Full Version : Why is this guy not getting parades as a hero?

CitizenBBN
05-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Two radicalized American jihadists, one of whom was already convicted of lying to the FBI about his attempts to go to Somalia, tried to attack a cartoon contest in Texas. They did so b/c it was absolutely a First amendment protest of Islamic extremism b/c it was a contest judging images of Muhammad. Same thing that got the paper in Paris shot up.

OK, so they were thumbing their nose at it, but that's exactly what the First Amendment is about in this country, and we have for more than 200 years enjoyed an absolute right to gather and say whatever we want.

So these two guys, apparently well armed and in body armor, arrived to cause what would have been an historic terror attack on American soil.

What happened? A traffic officer who clearly got in his range time dropped them both with only minor injuries to one officer, before they could even get to the building.

So why is this guy not getting a parade in DC? He thwarted a deadly attack that would for sure have taken numerous innocent lives and sent a chill across our Constitutional rights. Maybe he'll get the credit he deserves at some point, it's still an ongoing investigation and it hasn't all been solidified so this may be a premature concern, but it does seem certain at this point this was a terror attack ended before it started by a well trained law enforcement officer.

I did like a quote I saw from Todd Starnes: "A pair of would-be jihadists learned a very important lesson over the weekend – in America, we shoot back."

This was a case of a LEO doing the job, not a privately armed person, but I still feel better knowing as many law abiding, responsible people as possible in this country have an answer for these lunatics.

Oh, and can we please break out the Scarlett letters for these fools so we have a good solid target? Better yet, let them go to Somalia or Syria, just don't let them come back!

suncat05
05-04-2015, 06:01 PM
O isn't going to call this a terrorist attack by radical jihadists, even though that's exactly what it was. And yeah, sure looks like the officer involved has been doing his homework.
Let's see what the new AG does. I've got money that says she'll want to indict the officer for misuse of deadly force or try to get him in the trick bag for some bogus civil rights violations. Either way, this current Communist and Muslim sympathizing administration will not want to make this an issue like it should be. They'll want to make this a "legal issue" instead of what is really is, which is an act of war in and on our country. JMHO.

dan_bgblue
05-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Glad it occurred in Texas. Starnes should have gone on to include "you don't mess with Texas".

PedroDaGr8
05-04-2015, 11:40 PM
Two radicalized American jihadists, one of whom was already convicted of lying to the FBI about his attempts to go to Somalia, tried to attack a cartoon contest in Texas. They did so b/c it was absolutely a First amendment protest of Islamic extremism b/c it was a contest judging images of Muhammad. Same thing that got the paper in Paris shot up.

OK, so they were thumbing their nose at it, but that's exactly what the First Amendment is about in this country, and we have for more than 200 years enjoyed an absolute right to gather and say whatever we want.

So these two guys, apparently well armed and in body armor, arrived to cause what would have been an historic terror attack on American soil.

What happened? A traffic officer who clearly got in his range time dropped them both with only minor injuries to one officer, before they could even get to the building.

So why is this guy not getting a parade in DC? He thwarted a deadly attack that would for sure have taken numerous innocent lives and sent a chill across our Constitutional rights. Maybe he'll get the credit he deserves at some point, it's still an ongoing investigation and it hasn't all been solidified so this may be a premature concern, but it does seem certain at this point this was a terror attack ended before it started by a well trained law enforcement officer.

I did like a quote I saw from Todd Starnes: "A pair of would-be jihadists learned a very important lesson over the weekend – in America, we shoot back."

This was a case of a LEO doing the job, not a privately armed person, but I still feel better knowing as many law abiding, responsible people as possible in this country have an answer for these lunatics.

Oh, and can we please break out the Scarlett letters for these fools so we have a good solid target? Better yet, let them go to Somalia or Syria, just don't let them come back!
On this one, I entirely agree with you Chuck. This man just be labeled as a hero for the crack marksmanship. He truly prevented a tragedy. Has he even been interviewed at all by any major news network? It's ridiculous, the complete silence about him.

BigBluePappy
05-05-2015, 05:20 AM
Maybe they are trying to protect this gentleman from the limelight.
He probably has a family and if they start advertising who he is, he will most certainly be on the "most wanted" list of every jihadist on the block.
If that is the case I will respect his wishes, if not, oh well it was a good theory while it lasted...
Either way, my hat is off to him and I am thankful we have folks like him living amongst us.

CitizenBBN
05-05-2015, 09:28 AM
I'm fine with him wanting to not be named, but his praises can still be well sung.

The group putting this on wasn't naive, from what I've seen they spent at least $30K on security including the city police, SWAT was there, and a host of private security in plain clothes. They clearly did their job well.

I've seen more praise for the officer(s) coming out, which is good, and some backlash to the very wrong-headed notion of questioning the provocative nature of this event. yes it was provocative, that's the point. In a nation built on freedom of expression we get to do that without fear of being gunned down.

suncat05
05-05-2015, 10:40 AM
The officer in question should not be publicly identified. All that does is endanger his family and close friends. If it were me, and it was the same situation, I would not want to be identified as the shooter. And this is a different set of circumstances than dealing with your everyday street thug, and yes, I said that word! This was an act of terrorism on our home soil, besides being a crime against the people of Texas and this country.

But it will not be acknowledged as an act of terror by this current administration. They'll just want to say it was a street crime and nothing else.

suncat05
05-06-2015, 12:45 PM
I'm fine with him wanting to not be named, but his praises can still be well sung.

The group putting this on wasn't naive, from what I've seen they spent at least $30K on security including the city police, SWAT was there, and a host of private security in plain clothes. They clearly did their job well.

I've seen more praise for the officer(s) coming out, which is good, and some backlash to the very wrong-headed notion of questioning the provocative nature of this event. yes it was provocative, that's the point. In a nation built on freedom of expression we get to do that without fear of being gunned down.

I can promise you that some enterprising reporter trying to make a name for him/herself will identify this officer, and in the process tell the jihadis where he lives, if he's married/divorced and has any children, what his work schedule is, where he spends his free time........reporters have done this crap before, and they'll do it again. They're that kid you knew in school that always was the "tattle-tale" and told everybody's business, whether for public dissemination or not. Many reporters don't know how to tell the story without harming the object of the story, or the families involved.
And that's if some rat inside the department doesn't tell them, or even have ties to them.
We live in an increasingly dangerous world, my friends. Sooner or later you'll be forced to choose as to who's side you're on.

I see bad things coming our way. Very bad things. And we will have to deal with it, because our government refuses to protect us like it is supposed to do. So we're going to have to do it ourselves. And the media will continue to betray its trust of the public, just like it continues to do.

Stand by to stand by, folks.