PDA

View Full Version : T&Ps to Marcus Lattimore who suffered the worst injury of all time

ColonelSteve
10-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Reports are that not only did he tear his ACL, his MCL, LCL,and PCL but he also broke his femur...he's done

ColonelSteve
10-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Also suffered a broken patella...dont know what most of those injuries are but damn...sounds bad...he may walk with a limp the rest of his life

Dogsoldier202
10-27-2012, 10:25 PM
That was a Joe Theisman looking injury, my wife nearly vomited when she seen it...it was nasty to watch.

Darrell KSR
10-28-2012, 08:00 AM
It was awful. Gruesome.

BigBluePappy
10-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to him.
Maybe coming back for another year wasn't worth it.

Will take one heck of an effort to came back from that injury, if it is even possible.

truecatsfan
10-28-2012, 08:27 AM
I can not put into words how i feel for this kid. Prayers sent for him. awful

bluesuedeshoes
10-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Tragic. He was a REALLY good player with a bright future.

Hope he can get through it and somehow, someway, come out for the better on the other side.

ColonelSteve
10-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Matt Jones is saying on Twitter the widespread report of the OP is NOT TRUE...says Spurrier is saying he dislocated his knee and it was put back in place and is optimistic that he will play again...GREAT NEWS

Catfan73
10-28-2012, 02:01 PM
It would be nice if people would get their facts straight before posting stuff, eh Colonel?

ColonelSteve
10-28-2012, 02:13 PM
It would be nice if people would get their facts straight before posting stuff, eh Colonel?

I mean even ESPN was reporting this stuff...Carolina is supposed to be sending out a press release later on today

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter

BREAKING: Steve Spurrier says RB Marcus Lattimore has dislocated knee, redshirt year could be an option » http://es.pn/S2Lx0X

ColonelSteve
10-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Official statement

University of South Carolina junior running back Marcus Lattimore suffered a significant impact to the front of his right knee during the Tennessee game on Saturday. The ensuing hyperextension of the knee resulted in injury to several ligaments. There were no fractures or additional injuries, according to team physician Dr. Jeffrey Guy. Lattimore's surgically repaired left knee was uninjured during the play.

Lattimore is resting comfortably and will continue to be evaluated over the course of the week. Marcus has already begun the process of prehabilitation prior to surgery and to his eventual return to football.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102812aac.html