PDA

View Full Version : Getting paid after eBay auctions

elicat
08-18-2012, 07:17 PM
So I've got two theories:

1. If they don't have PayPal, they probably aren't going to pay. (So I always require PayPal).

2. Theory 1 notwithstanding, if they haven't paid within 24 hours, they probably are never going to pay.

Thoughts?

ukblue
08-18-2012, 07:45 PM
I use paypal when buying on ebay. Sometimes I will win something that closes on Friday evening and I will of gone out of town and won't look to see if I won till Monday morning. I don't have one of the do everything phone.

PJ4UK
08-18-2012, 08:41 PM
elicat....not necessarily so. Sometimes my hubby buys things and he always wants me to take care of the payment transaction. Sometimes it slips my mind for a day or two....but I do always try to pay right away....and I mean, like, in the first couple of hours....but sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

Doc
08-18-2012, 08:53 PM
elicat....not necessarily so. Sometimes my hubby buys things and he always wants me to take care of the payment transaction. Sometimes it slips my mind for a day or two....but I do always try to pay right away....and I mean, like, in the first couple of hours....but sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

He often buys fur lined guitars (inside joke)

PJ4UK
08-18-2012, 09:09 PM
He often buys fur lined guitars (inside joke)

Jeeepcat
08-18-2012, 09:23 PM
I have accidentally gone a couple of days without paying - but normally I am a 1 or 2 hours guy.

elicat
08-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Well, you all were right in this case. He did come through and pay. I've had enough bad experiences, though, that my heart just sinks when 24 hours pass and I haven't heard anything. Quite as often as not when that happens I'm in for the whole non-paying bidder process and waiting out another auction. But this time, all was well in the end.

PJ4UK
08-21-2012, 04:43 AM
great news. :)