PDA

View Full Version : Funeral strippers? I think I've heard it all now

Darrell KSR
04-23-2015, 05:19 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-cracking-down-on-strippers-at-rural-funerals/

BigBluePappy
04-23-2015, 06:58 PM
Wow, just wow.
And to think the deceased missed out on all the fun...

Doc
04-24-2015, 07:46 AM
I hear people are dying to go to these

suncat05
04-24-2015, 11:22 AM
How many "ones" would a dead guy need?

Darrell KSR
04-24-2015, 11:43 AM
There are so many jokes here surrounding a rigor mortis status I'm shocked none of our miscreants have deviated into that area.

suncat05
04-24-2015, 11:46 AM
You know, I have told my wife & kids several times to not be sad when I make that journey into the hereafter. I have told them to have a party, celebrate our time together, eat, drink, and be merry. Dance, sing with the bands, and send me to the crematory with happiness and laughs.
But strippers? I mean, if I were alive I'd darn sure enjoy that, but I would not do that to my wife and daughter. And if I'm already dead, who's going to get that lap dance?
This is just an odd thing to be happening at a funeral. I mean, if it was Larry Flynt or Hugh Hefner, yeah, I can see that.
Maybe it's some ancient Chinese cultural custom, I dunno.

PedroDaGr8
04-24-2015, 12:37 PM
You know, I have told my wife & kids several times to not be sad when I make that journey into the hereafter. I have told them to have a party, celebrate our time together, eat, drink, and be merry. Dance, sing with the bands, and send me to the crematory with happiness and laughs.
But strippers? I mean, if I were alive I'd darn sure enjoy that, but I would not do that to my wife and daughter. And if I'm already dead, who's going to get that lap dance?
This is just an odd thing to be happening at a funeral. I mean, if it was Larry Flynt or Hugh Hefner, yeah, I can see that.
Maybe it's some ancient Chinese cultural custom, I dunno.

Read about this a couple of days ago. Talked with a good buddy of mine, who is Chinese, about this. This isn't a common thing in China, it is basically isolated to a couple of REALLY backwards tiny villages in one state. It's apparently the result of 1)backwards villages 2)lack of any entertainment sources 3) the concept of face and social status 4) ancestor worship. Apparently, having many people at your funeral is a sign of social standing. Having many people is supposed to bring your family good luck and good fortune in the future. So they do anything they can to get as many people as possible to the funeral. That being said, neither he nor any of my other chinese friends had ever even heard of this until the story blew up. To give you an equivalent, think of something strange happening in Monkey's Eyebrow and then it getting put on the news as a common custom.

Doc
04-24-2015, 01:39 PM
There are so many jokes here surrounding a rigor mortis status I'm shocked none of our miscreants have deviated into that area.

You mean like how would you know which one was the stiff?

Or I guess this brings a new meaning to "pole bearer"

KeithKSR
04-24-2015, 08:24 PM
Forget the dead and raise the living?

CitizenBBN
04-27-2015, 07:08 PM
I'm putting this in my will. It's the only way I'll get any turnout at all. Open bar too, I want a big wake.