PDA

View Full Version : Oh, happy day... Just Jumble updated

Darrell KSR
04-22-2015, 09:30 AM
The popular word scramble game you see in your print newspaper is also an app game made by the same two creators. It's a tiny bit different, but basically the same.

When I first got it, I used to binge work the puzzle. Except I didn't realize how quickly it would run out, and did. So I had to wait for an update when they added new additional puzzles.

They did, and it was up to 535 puzzles. So when they did that update, I limited myself to one puzzle, and one bonus, per day to stretch it out. Gave me a neat distraction at some point in the day.

True Story here. After Kentucky lost to Wisconsin, before I went to sleep, I thought I would welcome a distraction. So I fired up the app, having played it many, many days in a row, and this is what I received:

You have completed all 535 levels.

I kid you not. It ran out the day before Kentucky played their final game of basketball this season, apparently.

66 new puzzles added today. I'm tempted to start it two months before the NCAA title game next year.

KSRBEvans
04-22-2015, 10:36 AM
Thanks--I didn't know there was an app. I'll have to get it for Mrs. BEvans, who loves the Jumble (which she jokingly pronounces with a soft "J," in a comic tribute to Anchorman):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nFhcI4tgI

Darrell KSR
04-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Yes, it works very well, too.

It's a little different--the first screen is the cartoon, and the jumble under it. You unscramble the jumble, then go to the bonus words, which have no cartoon attached to them or theme. I'm not sure why they do it backwards like that, but it's still fun. They are generally easy, and easier this way than the ones in the paper (I guess), but fun.

You can set a timer on the bonus words and see how fast you can solve them. I try to set records against myself, but invariably, I'll get 2 or 3 words in record time, my fat fingers won't slip, it'll log up there in microseconds, and then I'll get a word that my brain just refuses to decipher. All fun anyway.