PDA

View Full Version : First day of early voting in Florida

suncat05
10-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Today was the beginning of early voting in Florida. My wife and I voted(and I worked security at the Courthouse as well), and both of my kids used absentee ballots to vote.
I counted 72 people who voted today in a 6 hour period between 8AM-2PM. My county is small population wise, only about 13,000 plus actual residents with about just over 7000 registered voters. I spoke with the Supervisor of Elections, she told me that so far, with about 10 days left before the general election, that she has received approximately 500+ absentee ballots. She told me that usually, even in the last Presidential election, she only received about 250 absentee ballots, so it appears there is a lot more interest than usual.
Of all the people that voted today, only 8 were minorities.

Doc
10-27-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm in Martin County. Went and voted this morning just before noon. Was a solid line and took me about 20 minutes. Of course several amendment I had to review...

I assume you voted for Obama :)

I went pretty much straight GOP. I'm in West's district and its been ugly enough that I wanted to vote "neither".

suncat05
10-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Tom Rooney is our U.S. representative here, and that's who I voted for. 4 votes in my house now, 3 new U.S. citizens, so this was their first election that they are eligible to vote in.
I don't think the guy in the White House received any votes from my household....... ;)

suncat05
10-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Today's voting report: slow day today, only 25 people showed up at the Courthouse. And a very strange thing too..........no minority voters showed up today, at all.

Could this be an indicator of what may happen on November 6th? I just find it very strange that only 8 minority voters have showed up in 2 days of being able to vote, out of a total of 102 voters who have showed up for early voting so far.

Or am I reading too much into that statistic at this point?

Doc
10-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Here, according to the scanner at the library (where we vote) there were over 700 today when my wife went to vote which was around noon. That scanner is at the door to the voting area, not the library. Quite a good number and this is strong republican area.

Doc
10-28-2012, 02:38 PM
I had a nice long talk with my daughter and her b/f last night. Both are going to "get out the vote" and are talking to many of their friends to be sure they understand that the freebies that government today is going on their tab for the future. Several that were likely Obama voters have reconsidered. Suddenly free pills isn't free once its explained.