PDA

View Full Version : Alright, it's time for Kentucky fans to show that were fed up

ColonelSteve
10-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Every single UK fan on Twitter needs to let @UKMitchBarnhart know that this is unacceptable...I say do it on Twitter because then it will get noticed unlike phone calls and emails...the heat will REALLY be turned on if just one person in the media notices the absurd amount of mentions and writes about it...this cant go on anymore, we as fans dont deserve this, lord knows the players dont deserve this...I mean Joker taking a hot Whitlow out for Towles who shouldnt even be playing this year was just disgusting and that is when we started to fall...Im just disgusted right now

ColonelSteve
10-27-2012, 01:57 PM
BTW there are tweets showing up on my timeline being directed to Barnhart but they contain some VERY strong F bombs so I cant repost it

ColonelSteve
10-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Oscar Combs ‏@wildcatnews

For the record, there were actually less than 30,000 fans at Commonwealth Stadium for UK-Miss. State game according to a report I trust.

CatinIL
10-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Well, I can tell you this much, I'm not wasting the gas/time to drive in from StL to see this Bill Curry type football program...:mad:

ColonelSteve
10-27-2012, 03:48 PM

Darrell KSR
10-28-2012, 07:59 AM
Interesting typo, huh?

Yeah, please don't reprint the F-bombs. I wish those people wouldn't do that, either. Those kind don't get the attention of the others.

UK football is in a bad, bad place.

ColonelSteve
10-28-2012, 09:30 AM
No idea who came up with this but its brilliant

paulhead31
10-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Colonel I agree with you, I after yesterday fully said I am done with this staff and the way they put these kids on the field. When Mizzou put in Franklin, Minter should have just blitzed every down, Franklin was scared and would not have been able to defend himself. Not saying I wanted to hurt him but when a player comes in from a sprain like he had the first thing that should have happen was make him run. Uk coaches turned a game that they could have won by twenty to a twenty point loss. A complete turn around from the game that was played last week against Georgia. :confused: :mad: :(

ColonelSteve
10-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Colonel I agree with you, I after yesterday fully said I am done with this staff and the way they put these kids on the field. When Mizzou put in Franklin, Minter should have just blitzed every down, Franklin was scared and would not have been able to defend himself. Not saying I wanted to hurt him but when a player comes in from a sprain like he had the first thing that should have happen was make him run. Uk coaches turned a game that they could have won by twenty to a twenty point loss. A complete turn around from the game that was played last week against Georgia. :confused: :mad: :(

Exactly, and the QB he replaced just took the snap and stood there...and wasnt pressured at all..that drove me nuts...or was that Franklin Im thinking of? Anyway he was in the shotgun...took the snap...stood there for like 10 seconds before throwing and not one player even got close to him...I was in disbelief but was still angry about them taking Whitlow out after Kentucky moved the ball on the first two possessions...he never regained that momentum when he re-entered the game. And Joke said in the postgame presser that decision was made before the game...really? You didnt think at one point to just let Whitlow play until Mizzou stops him? Oh god I was angry yesterday

KSRdallen
10-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Interesting typo, huh?

Yeah, please don't reprint the F-bombs. I wish those people wouldn't do that, either. Those kind don't get the attention of the others.

UK football is in a bad, bad place.

Indeed. In my mind I correct typos as I read them but sometimes the 'new' meaning is better. :)

Edit: In this case I wasn't meaning to malign Joker with the typo that was pointed out. I meant other typos and not this one.

SalsaKat
10-28-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure what is would accomplish, frankly, other than harassing a guy who's trying to handle a bad situation with some tact and not look like an employer nobody would want to work for.

I seriously doubt Mitch is oblivious to how the fans feel right now.

ColonelSteve
10-28-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm not sure what is would accomplish, frankly, other than harassing a guy who's trying to handle a bad situation with some tact and not look like an employer nobody would want to work for.

I seriously doubt Mitch is oblivious to how the fans feel right now.

He's got to say SOMETHING...he's brushing off the media...WHAS was complaining about him denying his request for an interview on Tuesday, he cant just sit back and be quiet on this, he just cant, it's not fair to us and it's certainly not fair to these players, they know what's going on, they know the fanbase is upset and theyre trying their hardest to right the ship...it's not happening, if he comes out and says at least SOMETHING then everybody can know where the program stands at the moment

kyjim
10-30-2012, 01:30 PM
He's got to say SOMETHING...he's brushing off the media...WHAS was complaining about him denying his request for an interview on Tuesday, he cant just sit back and be quiet on this, he just cant, it's not fair to us and it's certainly not fair to these players, they know what's going on, they know the fanbase is upset and theyre trying their hardest to right the ship...it's not happening, if he comes out and says at least SOMETHING then everybody can know where the program stands at the moment

I don't know that much about MB's personality but I get the impression he is not one to moved as much by fan sentiment as what he thinks is the best thing for UK.. Having said that, it just may be that one of his characteristics is that he' is stubborn enough to not be railroaded into making an appearance/statement that really needs to be made. If that is the case then he apparently doesn't see much of an advantage to publicizing a decision that EVERYONE knows will be made. He may not see a recruiting advantage of prospective coaches since they too know where we are. What may well be going on is subtle behind the scenes activity with agents/reps of available (or soon to be available) prospects. This would include OC's, DC's currently working as well as those not in coaching positions at this time. When the smoke clears if we get a really good hire his stance on this issue will be soon forgotten. I'm not necessarily in favor of not pressuring him.....just sayin....

ColonelSteve
10-30-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't know that much about MB's personality but I get the impression he is not one to moved as much by fan sentiment as what he thinks is the best thing for UK.. Having said that, it just may be that one of his characteristics is that he' is stubborn enough to not be railroaded into making an appearance/statement that really needs to be made. If that is the case then he apparently doesn't see much of an advantage to publicizing a decision that EVERYONE knows will be made. He may not see a recruiting advantage of prospective coaches since they too know where we are. What may well be going on is subtle behind the scenes activity with agents/reps of available (or soon to be available) prospects. This would include OC's, DC's currently working as well as those not in coaching positions at this time. When the smoke clears if we get a really good hire his stance on this issue will be soon forgotten. I'm not necessarily in favor of not pressuring him.....just sayin....

If he wasnt moved by fan sentiment then John Calipari would NOT be our coach right now, Cal wanted him to wait after Tubby left because he said he wanted the job then...Mitch ignored him and when it blew up in his face and people wanted him gone...he gave in, same thing can happen now

fastkat
10-30-2012, 07:03 PM

Stop thinking logically, message boards are Not the place for rational thinking:D

ram
10-31-2012, 06:39 AM
Maybe two reasons he has not spoken:
1. He told everyone including JP he'd evaluate the situation after the season. To him, sticking to what he said he'd do may be the honorable/ethical thing to do;
2. He is still hoping for something to justify keeping the man as coach.

Before the season began, I said he'd keep JP even if we went 3-9. I still think that will happen.

kyjim
10-31-2012, 10:37 AM
If he wasnt moved by fan sentiment then John Calipari would NOT be our coach right now, Cal wanted him to wait after Tubby left because he said he wanted the job then...Mitch ignored him and when it blew up in his face and people wanted him gone...he gave in, same thing can happen now

I don't disagree with you, but in my post I purposefully wasn't making an absolute statement. The situation with the CC hiring was somewhat different than the present situation with Joker. MB had no relationship at all with Gillespie and there was absolutely NO doubt that there was a change coming.....and the pressure from the fan base is not comparable. And just as importantant, CC had an opportunity to make his pitch to both the AD and Pres of the University...and we all know just how persuasive he can be when given the chance. He never even got the phone call when Tubby left as far as I know. So my point is that given the present circumstances with Joker, MB is less likely to pull the plug until he absolutely has to. (Note that I said "less likely"....sounds like a candidate doesn't it?) One advantage to Joker in an early announcement is that it gives him an opportunity to be considered as an OC or ass't coach by another school.

ColonelSteve
11-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Oh...Im seeing F bomb after F bomb directly aimed at @UKMitchBarnhart...it is UGLY right now on Twitter

SalsaKat
11-04-2012, 07:17 AM
That's sad to hear. And if Joker were retained (spoiler alert: no) it would get uglier next season. Racial remarks. Threats of violence. Attempts at violence. Harassment of families.

At this point though, I almost wonder if Barnhart isn't waiting until the end of the season to prove he won't be bullied by goobers on the Internet.

Catonahottinroof
11-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Regardless of the good things he's done at UK, he will be viewed with disdain by the fan base in much the same way CM Newton is. He's poisoned the water with microwave society, the open letter and real fan comments.
Much of what is playing out with Joker Phillips is similar to how things played out with Tubby Smith....sadly

ColonelSteve
11-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Regardless of the good things he's done at UK, he will be viewed with disdain by the fan base in much the same way CM Newton is. He's poisoned the water with microwave society, the open letter and real fan comments.
Much of what is playing out with Joker Phillips is similar to how things played out with Tubby Smith....sadly

And who exactly was responsible for that?

ColonelSteve
11-04-2012, 07:47 AM
And you know...I heard that on the radio too that this situation can be compared to Tubby...not really...cause Tubby actually was a good coach...he just wasnt Kentucky good...Joker is NOWHERE NEAR the kind of coach that Tubby was/is cause the stats show that Tubby actually won, which is FAR from what were seeing now

Catfan73
11-04-2012, 11:34 AM
That's sad to hear. And if Joker were retained (spoiler alert: no) it would get uglier next season. Racial remarks. Threats of violence. Attempts at violence. Harassment of families.

At this point though, I almost wonder if Barnhart isn't waiting until the end of the season to prove he won't be bullied by goobers on the Internet.

That's my gut feeling on things at the moment. I just hope you're right.