PDA

View Full Version : SI names 96 team the 10th most influential team of all time

ColonelSteve
10-26-2012, 04:18 PM
10. 1996 Kentucky

Rick Pitino's first title team in Lexington would have to be on this list if only for its having sent nine players -- Derek Anderson, Tony Delk, Walter McCarty, Ron Mercer, Nazr Mohammed, Antoine Waker, Mark Pope, Jeff Sheppard and Wayne Turner -- to the NBA. Nine years earlier, taking Providence to the Final Four, Pitino hinted at what could be done if you braided the three-point shot to pressure defense; here, with superior talent taking the shots and hunkering down for each stop, his Wildcats showed it. Today defensive length, bottomless depth and an array of outside snipers remain at the top of every coach's wish list.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/alexander_wolff/10/21/UCLA-most-influential-team/index.html#ixzz2ARTrmIaT

cattails
10-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Steve how do you think that team would do against the 2012 team?

ColonelSteve
10-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Steve how do you think that team would do against the 2012 team?

They would have ran the floor the entire game and would have the depth to really wear down last years team by keeping it going...Walker and/or McCarty would have frustrated the hell out of Jones and we saw how UK was when he was out of it...Delk...come on now...wouldnt have been an easy win...but I think by the last minute of the game we would know that 96 would win

cattails
10-26-2012, 04:42 PM
I would have to say 96 as well, different time, different game. I think the 96 team was one of the all time greats, but it had no Davis, so who knows.