PDA

View Full Version : Broadchurch

Darrell KSR
04-07-2015, 11:15 AM
I have no idea how I accidentally started watching this show, but I got hooked on it pretty quickly. Anyone else see this British crime drama?

Have heard it is similar to Twin Peaks, but never saw that, so I wouldn't know. I did a google search, and saw where it has won awards as best drama, 9.1/10 rating from TV.com, etc. Good stuff.

I thought when I first started it was going to be like a regular crime drama--a crime is committed, they spend the show figuring out who the criminal is, and convict him. But the whole first two years is on one crime (with a 2nd subplot crime), the investigation, how it affects people's lives, a little soap-opera type stuff in there as well as their secrets are revealed, and the subsequent trial.

I watched a bunch of them since Saturday night :).

Darrell KSR
04-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Season three is well underway, and this show has sort of quietly become one of my favorites of all-time (almost like the show itself, in an understated type of way). If you need closure after an episode, or two, or three, this won't appeal to you. It is slow developing, character establishing, story line motivating, understated acting without bells and whistles. No Criminal Minds, no SVU (both shows I like, but in a different way).

You can't guess what will happen next, although you think you do, and nothing is inexplicable or fantastic. Super solid show. Now in its third season, it's a great one to pick up from season one and binge watch. Things that are happening in season three relate to what occurred in season one.

Really good.

I was the only one interested two years ago when I first posted this; just curious if anyone else has tried it. It downloads to my DroidTV app, and I usually wait for 3 or 4 episodes to drop, and then watch them back-to-back, commercial free when I can. It's like watching a really good movie, but to be continued...for years now :).

Darrell KSR
04-10-2017, 10:52 AM
I should mention--this is the 3rd, and final season of the show.