PDA

View Full Version : No, it is not an iPad mini

Darrell KSR
10-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Funny, have had three people stop by and ask if the 7" tablet I use is the "new iPad mini."

It's a plain old BlackBerry PlayBook, which I love, but it never gained interest from others like this until Apple decided after all it wasn't a bad idea. One of the guys told me the portrait keyboard looks like the iPad's, as if a virtual keyboard would vary that much from place to place. Maybe it does, I dunno. Just found it funny.

Almost hate iPad is releasing it, though. I know it will be a quality product, and with that size, it will catch my interest, which I don't need. I never liked the 10" size, but everybody is different. The smaller size is so handy, and if I really need a larger screen, I prefer my 11.6" notebook. But that's just me.

Of course, a year ago, I could not see my own personal niche for a tablet, and I use it multiple days each week, and more than my notebook. So take my thoughts with grains of salt.

MickintheHam
10-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Funny, have had three people stop by and ask if the 7" tablet I use is the "new iPad mini."

It's a plain old BlackBerry PlayBook, which I love, but it never gained interest from others like this until Apple decided after all it wasn't a bad idea. One of the guys told me the portrait keyboard looks like the iPad's, as if a virtual keyboard would vary that much from place to place. Maybe it does, I dunno. Just found it funny.

Almost hate iPad is releasing it, though. I know it will be a quality product, and with that size, it will catch my interest, which I don't need. I never liked the 10" size, but everybody is different. The smaller size is so handy, and if I really need a larger screen, I prefer my 11.6" notebook. But that's just me.

Of course, a year ago, I could not see my own personal niche for a tablet, and I use it multiple days each week, and more than my notebook. So take my thoughts with grains of salt.

After criticizing the tablet for years, I broke down and bought one when the hard drive on my laptop crashed. I like it pretty well. I hate the keyboard, but I don't know what you do. The automatic replacement of words has caused a few embarrassments when a similar word has been substituted for what I typed. I use Safari much more than I use the apps, but am slowly migrating to the apps. I just don't seem much need for using them on the ipad. Probably they are much better suited to the iphone.

bigsky
10-26-2012, 07:03 PM
"No, it is not an iPad mini."

Because that would be a miniPad.

Merlos
11-08-2012, 07:34 AM
ipad mini is new 4G terminological compute.

CitizenBBN
11-08-2012, 01:44 PM
"No, it is not an iPad mini."

Because that would be a miniPad.

Does it have wings?

suncat05
11-08-2012, 02:11 PM
does it have wings?

lmfao!!

BarristerCat
11-08-2012, 08:15 PM
After criticizing the tablet for years, I broke down and bought one when the hard drive on my laptop crashed. I like it pretty well. I hate the keyboard, but I don't know what you do. The automatic replacement of words has caused a few embarrassments when a similar word has been substituted for what I typed. I use Safari much more than I use the apps, but am slowly migrating to the apps. I just don't seem much need for using them on the ipad. Probably they are much better suited to the iphone.

I have found that I like using Chrome better than Safari for web browsing on our iPad. I generally go with the apps when there is a good one for the job, though, because it seems like the better apps deliver a snappier experience than the web alternative. The web interface for this site is a good example. It works great on iOS devices through the browser, but using the Tapatalk app for another board I read is just that much better.

Rainman
11-09-2012, 05:52 PM

For 90% of my everyday use I love the iPad2 and wish I wouldhave waited for the mini. I think the tablet is not friendly for writing longer documents even with the outboard Apple keyboard. I don't think Apple has really approached MS Word yet, or at the very least MS Word has me so hooked that I'm holding every other application to an impossible standard. Apple Pages sucks